• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Not really, we currently have Leo, Costa, Cav, Jota, Bright and possibly Zyro for three positions. Different if we were playing with two upfront, but we are not.

Thank you. But how many of those would be classed as natural goalscorers? I am not saying a 20 goal a season player, but someone who scores regularly playing up front.

How many strikers have we got at the club, and by that I mean ones who are good enough for the first team? Unless we sign a striker, Nuno is taking a massive gamble.
Ahhh. Like clockwork.

It's not about the number of options really. We had all of Bod, Dicko, Mason, Weimann and Gladon last season. Didn't do us any good even though we could have endlessly rotated who we used.

In terms of a central option, I would say for now we are looking at Leo, Cav, Wilson and possibly Zyro, then Allan/Samuels as they carry on developing and if we get in a real bind. But we're quite obviously signing someone else in the next 48 hours.

If there's only one spot available (and there is) then you don't want the squad absolutely packed with players who won't get used, it makes no sense. You wouldn't want six senior goalkeepers.

Thank you. But how many of those would be classed as natural goalscorers? I am not saying a 20 goal a season player, but someone who scores regularly playing up front.

Our new style is one that would suit a natural goalscorer. You're more likely to see goals spread through the front 3 rather than one main man.

The not yet fit Leo is currently on schedule for 19 goals.

Well, that sets it up nicely for a quality signing...I like how we all have literally no idea who it could be. Thank god there's only just over 2 days of August left.

Thanks for the good season and a half Dicko. Now go score against some of the teams we'll be battling for promotion please (Hull won't be one).

Our new style is one that would suit a natural goalscorer. You're more likely to see goals spread through the front 3 rather than one main man.

The not yet fit Leo is currently on schedule for 19 goals.

Well so far I have been very impressed with Nuno and his signings, so whatever he de ides is good enough for me. I hope we bring in a striker, but if we don't then I presume it will be because the management team are happy with our options.

Well so far I have been very impressed with Nuno and his signings, so whatever he de ides is good enough for me. I hope we bring in a striker, but if we don't then I presume it will be because the management team are happy with our options.

Just think about it logically for a second...Dicko has come on as sub in every league game so far and started the two cup games. He was part of the squad, there's no-one currently here who's really lined up to take that role on.

So how likely is it that we've decided to sell him and not replace him...

Just think about it logically for a second...Dicko has come on as sub in every league game so far and started the two cup games. He was part of the squad, there's no-one currently here who's really lined up to take that role on.

So how likely is it that we've decided to sell him and not replace him...

Fair comment sir. I am sure you are right, but we are cutting it fine. There could be problems with a medical, terms or many other things. Hopefully it is all cut and dried.

Cav and Costa did ok last season and that was without the added quality of Neves and Jota while being handicapped by Dave playing every game...

As has been pointed out, Leo is on track to score 19 goals this season. While I'm not necessarily against us bringing in another striker (and expect us to), the clamor for one that is a "natural goalscorer" or "20 goals a season" begs the question: what the fuck does Bonatini need have done in 4 matches to settle people down? It feels like he'd have to score a hat trick every week.

As has been pointed out, Leo is on track to score 19 goals this season. While I'm not necessarily against us bringing in another striker (and expect us to), the clamor for one that is a "natural goalscorer" or "20 goals a season" begs the question: what the $#@! does Bonatini need have done in 4 matches to settle people down? It feels like he'd have to score a hat trick every week.

He's Brazilian and 3 goals a game is the very least I expect from him! I also want defensive, goal line clearances and him to don the keepers shirt and save a penalty too

He's Brazilian and 3 goals a game is the very least I expect from him! I also want defensive, goal line clearances and him to don the keepers shirt and save a penalty too

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any rabonas or panenkas from him.

Shambles!

He did pull off one ridiculous flick vs Yeovil that should have been impossible.

I don't see him scoring 15+, but he's a good player and will be valuable as the season goes on.

Sky seem to think we bid £8m for Hugill last week. I don't understand the interest in him, he is fucking wank.

Back