• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Attention seeking at its finest.

Facebook is a dross hole for football, it really hammers home the point that going to the game doesn't make you any better a fan than someone who doesn't and shows that neither do you necessarily learn anything from watching.

I was just amazed that there is "nothing left at Molineux" for a "die hard, life long" Wolves fan :icon_lol:

Lets forget about Neves, Jota, Cav, Bright, Costa, Boly, Miranda etc

I've resisted writing on any of the leaving stories for either Edwards or Dicko, I am sad for nostalgic reasons. Edwards for example is probably one of my favourite Wolves personalities, however when my mate who is a Reading fan text to add I used the word shite in my reply along with pointing out what a great guy he is.

Part of one of m favourite songs at molineux. Those times have ended and there'll be new players and new songs to sing

All the very best with your move to Hull, Nouha - and thanks for the good times.

A reaction from someone on FB...

Rob Dodger Bradley; "sent my season ticket back ������"
Like · Reply · 12 mins

Claire "No you wouldn't do that Rob"
Like · Reply · 12 mins

Rob Dodger Bradley; "Claire you know i was a big Nouha Dicko fan nothing left at molineux for me now"

Not to surprising that reaction. Hes friends with Tommy Chops.

I'm impressed he sent his STH back in that time frame. Must have charged down to Sun Street to catch the last post there.

Even if I had one I wouldn't be sending my s/t back just because Nouha had been sold - enjoyed watching him & he had many good performances, but not the same now & doesn't fit into the team properly

Same for Dave - good character & has given me one of the best moments in recent years with his very late winner v Leeds in the 4 - 3 win (we can gloss over the fact that we should never have allowed them to get back to 3 - 3 in that game anyway) - South Bank went mental at that point.

Thanks for the memories, but we have moved on to new pastures

Did he come back in several different lives when Dougan, Richards and Bully all departed..

From the Rumours site: someone tell me it's tongue-in-cheek...

What the Wolves need now is a good quality inside right and a good no nonsense left half. A great big centre forward would be good as well. Hoof it up to him and let him rough a few up. That's what Wolves need this season.

What the Wolves need now is a good quality inside right and a good no nonsense left half. A great big centre forward would be good as well. Hoof it up to him and let him rough a few up. That's what Wolves need this season.

The site is rubbish and should be taken as such. Only a fool would believe anything on there.

I don't even know what that means.

Signed,

Mr P Lambert

Not really. Still a couple of days and we hardly have a match the Saturday after the window shuts.

How many strikers have we got at the club, and by that I mean ones who are good enough for the first team? Unless we sign a striker, Nuno is taking a massive gamble.

Same old principle really isn't it, if you're signing a player that isn't wanted by his current club, then a) there's normally a good reason why they don't want him and b) it'll be easy and quick to get him. If a deal's taking ages...then it's generally because the player is good* and they don't want him to go. But it'll happen, quite obviously. Getting rid of Mason/Gladon who wouldn't have played anyway is one thing, selling Nouha is another because he's actually been featuring, albeit cameo roles.

*There are exceptions to this of course (*cough* Moussa Sissoko *cough*)

How many strikers have we got at the club, and by that I mean ones who are good enough for the first team? Unless we sign a striker, Nuno is taking a massive gamble.

Not really, we currently have Leo, Costa, Cav, Jota, Bright and possibly Zyro for three positions. Different if we were playing with two upfront, but we are not.

Back