• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Also, if someone had said to you in May that we'd get around £8.5m for this lot:

Bodvarsson
Edwards
Wallace
Saville
Dicko

After the season we and they had just endured, I don't think one single person would have even remotely considered turning that down. Forget Dicko's individual value (well don't actually, based on his performances and output over the last nine months we are robbing Hull blind), look at the money we've got there for players who simply didn't step up for us and are no longer of any use. Thank you very much indeed.

£8.5m goes a very long way towards wiping out what Neves, Cavaleiro and Costa will "cost" this season for FFP purposes.

We are currently about £5.5 - £6m in profit from sales and purchases in this accounting period.

In a way I'm sorry to see Dicko leave but let's be honest he's not going to cut it for Nuno, he's only getting game time now because of a lack of options. Hope it works out for him, he's been a good player, though not looked the same after the injury.

I know you'd like us to have 2,341 strikers on the books at any one time but we simply aren't going to use Nouha if we sign someone else. He's already nowhere near the reckoning for a starting place and we only ever bring him on near the end of games. We have money now, rich owners but we still need to run as a business. That kind of money for a player we won't need, who hasn't looked anything like the player he was for a long time now and whose value is only going to decline from here (as he won't play) is decent.

Correct. Hate to say it but Dicko does not suit our system or ambition. Best he goes.

Reportedly:

£3m Bod
£1m Edwards
£500k Wallace
£500k Sav
£3.5m Nouha

:icon_lol:

You're fucking unreal Fred, did you watch us last season? We were shit, they were shit.

£3m for Bod is about right..£3.5m for Dicko is not IMO..

Tim Nash's bases for the Graham loan - Overheard at Ipswich Sat: A Fulham official asked Kevin McDonald about Graham. McDonald: 'Get him'.Reply: 'That's what we're trying to do'.

i dont rate clucas on the same page a dicko sorry, strikers more expensive also

You must be on some sort of wind up.

You can't compare Dicko and Clucas because they're entirely different positions.

I dont rate Harry Maguire because Chris Wood is a striker and played less Premier League football but 'inexplicably' costs less?

You what? :icon_lol:

£3m for Bod is about right..£3.5m for Dicko is not IMO..

As I keep saying, players are worth what someone else will pay for them. Nothing to do with what someone else paid for some completely unrelated player who plays in a totally different position.

Bod and Dicko scored the same paltry number of goals in the same shit team from roughly the same amount of starts, neither are good enough and £6.5m for the pair is daylight robbery. A third of that would be generous based on last season.

Nouha was great in 2014/15, it isn't 2014/15 any more, he's had a bad injury and every single sign says he will never be that player again.

Like Louie says this is tat that many of us would have just chucked away to ensure that they never ever played for us again.

You must be on some sort of wind up.

You can't compare Dicko and Clucas because they're entirely different positions.

I dont rate Harry Maguire because Chris Wood is a striker and played less Premier League football but 'inexplicably' costs less?

You what? :icon_lol:

strikers is more worth than mids(millions of better players than clucas) im comparing the fee and what the team will get

maguire and wood would be about equal in my books

So do you genuinely believe a young player who has played in the Premier League will have a similar or lower fee to a player with a career best 14 league goals in the second division?
Got to think about the position of the buying club too.

Hull just been relegated, massive income drop, burdened with high wages and only having to buy to cover injury, so they're not exactly looking to push the boat out.

Swansea on the other hand are flush with TV money, they've just sold their star player for a ridiculous fee to further boost the coffers and they're desperate to get people in to plug that Gylfi shaped hole.

Hardly a surprise the 2nd club is throwing a lot more money around is it?

I gather Wolves are getting closer to landing the striker they want. Hence why happy to accept Dicko offer. Could be a busy week.

From Britney on twitter...

Clucas has played 37 Premier League games
Dicko has played none

Clucas signed a 3 year deal last season, thus protecting his value
Dicko hasn't

The team paying for Clucas were minted from a massive sale of their star player. For £45m. So they paid a third of it to get their man.
The team paying for Dicko are well off from receiving a fee of £15m, and so could splash out.

Thanks for confirming you're thinking the same as everyone else Timmy, without knowing any more.

Back