• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I know you'd like us to have 2,341 strikers on the books at any one time but we simply aren't going to use Nouha if we sign someone else. He's already nowhere near the reckoning for a starting place and we only ever bring him on near the end of games. We have money now, rich owners but we still need to run as a business. That kind of money for a player we won't need, who hasn't looked anything like the player he was for a long time now and whose value is only going to decline from here (as he won't play) is decent.
Is really dont want us to have 2341 strikers..but i dont think the price difference is accurate..you dont rate Koscielny, fine

Wtf has Koscielny got to do with anything.

Fine, you think Dicko is worth £6m or whatever. When someone doesn't pay that, then what?

yes i think he is worth that

£3.5m seems fair to me - and decent business for Hull as well, who are supposedly also buying Jackson Irvine from Burton for £2m. We're building a team to get promoted and to survive in the Prem and Dicko couldn't be part of that. Clearly there is a coherent recruitment strategy now in place and - like Dave Edwards - Nouha leaves with my best wishes, but we're going somewhere he can't go. Tue/Wed/Thur promise to be exciting.

yes i think he is worth that

He isn't worth that, he scored THREE league goals last season, isn't in our team and hasn't been the same player since he got injured two years ago. You're going back ages since he looked a top player at this level.

So no-one is going to pay £6m. Ever. You would turn down £3.5m now, he'll rot away never featuring (we are no longer seemingly playing senior pros in the U23s either, so when is he going to play at all) and no-one will pay £3.5m in a year's time. In the meantime he gets pissed off because he's nowhere near a game.

That would be awful business sense and awful player/squad management. I'm sure you know best though.

I think 3.5 mill for Dicko is good business he might come good again but not in our system. I am sure we will get at least 1 striker before the window closed and hopefully a CM.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

somebody has just paid £15m for clucas :)

I think 3.5 mill for Dicko is good business he might come good again but not in our system. I am sure we will get at least 1 striker before the window closed and hopefully a CM.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
we should bite their hand off. It's the best offer we will ever get.

Clucas and Dicko aren't the same position and Clucas has actually played in the Premier League?

He has premiums Dicko can't command.

do you even believe whay you have written?

Fredd

If you can't see why Clucas is going to get a much bigger fee then I don't know what to say really. Plus Hull getting that fee means they can pay us what seems a very fair fee indeed as long as we replace (which we will)

Also, if someone had said to you in May that we'd get around £8.5m for this lot:

Bodvarsson
Edwards
Wallace
Saville
Dicko

After the season we and they had just endured, I don't think one single person would have even remotely considered turning that down. Forget Dicko's individual value (well don't actually, based on his performances and output over the last nine months we are robbing Hull blind), look at the money we've got there for players who simply didn't step up for us and are no longer of any use. Thank you very much indeed.

£8.5m goes a very long way towards wiping out what Neves, Cavaleiro and Costa will "cost" this season for FFP purposes.

Dicko will be on decent wages as well with his recent contract renewal.

So do you genuinely believe a young player who has played in the Premier League will have a similar or lower fee to a player with a career best 14 league goals in the second division?

Also, if someone had said to you in May that we'd get around £8.5m for this lot:

Bodvarsson
Edwards
Wallace
Saville
Dicko

After the season we and they had just endured, I don't think one single person would have even remotely considered turning that down. Forget Dicko's individual value (well don't actually, based on his performances and output over the last nine months we are robbing Hull blind), look at the money we've got there for players who simply didn't step up for us and are no longer of any use. Thank you very much indeed.

£8.5m goes a very long way towards wiping out what Neves, Cavaleiro and Costa will "cost" this season for FFP purposes.

Precisely. End of discussion. Someone post a link to Portuguese centre-forward...

Bodvarsson
Edwards
Wallace
Saville
Dicko

8.5m for them lot is outstanding business. I'd have let most of them go for nothing just to get them off the books.

I love Nouha but 3.5n is too good to turn down unless a bidding war starts, which I don't think it will

So do you genuinely believe a young player who has played in the Premier League will have a similar or lower fee to a player with a career best 14 league goals in the second division?

i dont rate clucas on the same page a dicko sorry, strikers more expensive also

Bodvarsson
Edwards
Wallace
Saville
Dicko

£8.5m for that lot is very cheap in these times of market value

Back