• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Oh the funny names. We will never ever pull off another one like this. Eurosport instant classic. IMG_20170828_000921_519.jpg

And Brice Dja Djedje.

nortei-nortey.jpg

E's a good e's a good(slightly obscure lyric 'joke')

Being linked from a few Newcastle twitter accounts this morning, with a £15m move for Dwight Gayle.

Can't see us spending that much on a player again this window, if I'm honest. Wouldn't mind Gayle, though.

Yes please.

No chance of them letting him go though when they only have Joselu and Mitrovic up front apart from him.

Newcastle have been linked with every fringe striker from Perez to Slimani so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some movement there. I think Mitrovic will leave before Gayle though.

Mitrovic is in for a hefty ban I'd imagine after that off the ball elbow the weekend.

Dan won't like that.

Promising young player at Hertha but thought he was too big for them. Moved to Hamburg scored a few, got injured a lot and is still stagnating.

Looks like Dicko will be off, Leeds now in for him, seems to be too much noise for him to be staying

we're not short of money so why sell a player who can score goals at this level, especially to one of our rivals.

Because he doesn't fit our system and if the money on offer is around £4/5m is then it's inconsistent with his current ability. I would agree that 2 new forward signings would be needed first though

Tbh I thought Dicko was pretty good when he came on against Brentford - didn't feel like he didn't suit the system, and I still think he has a place as an option off the bench when we're chasing a game and need someone fast up top rather than more of a false nine like Bonatini.

Still, if he goes, I wish him the best.

Looks like Dicko will be off, Leeds now in for him, seems to be too much noise for him to be staying

Wolves are selling all the strikers. Surely at least one replacement up top is incoming. Otherwise this does not make sense.

Back