• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Tbh I thought Dicko was pretty good when he came on against Brentford - didn't feel like he didn't suit the system, and I still think he has a place as an option off the bench when we're chasing a game and need someone fast up top rather than more of a false nine like Bonatini.

Still, if he goes, I wish him the best.
Think the pacey alternative is probably going to be more useful defending a lead personally. Wolves build is a lot more patient now so the quick link up from someone like Bonatini is a lot more useful trying to pick apart a defence that's got time to get back goal side. If Wolves were say a goal down and desperately chasing am equaliser then the likelihood of there being space in behind to exploit is extremely slim, they're more likely to benefit in the reverse situation where the opponents are pushed forward and that pacey option can try to catch them out.

I think that's why Giroud has so often been a late saviour for Arsenal in recent years, he's not going to stretch teams but he's a threat in the box and can link up with the midfield runners to pick defences apart. When teams go deep to hold onto a lead they play into his hands.

Looks like Nouha Dicko could be off to Hull. Agreement reached on a fee, believed to be £3.5m. Personal terms not done yet #wwfc

Because he doesn't fit our system and if the money on offer is around £4/5m is then it's inconsistent with his current ability. I would agree that 2 new forward signings would be needed first though

Why sign and then sell? It makes no difference when we buy or sell between now and the end of the window.

We all think a striker will come in and Nouha clearly wants to play and he'd be third choice here. I don't see the issue.

Because he doesn't fit our system and if the money on offer is around £4/5m is then it's inconsistent with his current ability. I would agree that 2 new forward signings would be needed first though

I agree with you. He doesn't fit our current system. Take the money. Thank you. Goodbye!

Way to cheap for me

His value isn't going to increase if he sits around here doing nothing for a year, which is what will happen if/when we buy a new striker (or even two).

His value isn't going to increase if he sits around here doing nothing for a year, which is what will happen if/when we buy a new striker (or even two).
Well we havent yet..and seeing the market is we give him away for free as a striker

Well we havent yet..and seeing the market is we give him away for free as a striker

He's worth whatever someone else will pay for him. £3.5m is a good price for someone who hasn't scored 10 goals in the last two years.

Or we could turn it down, hold out for daft money, no-one pays it, he barely kicks a ball all season because we've signed someone better and we get nowhere near £3.5m in May/June next year.

Nash - Wolves have today had a bid in the region of 11M + addons accepted for Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle. #wwfc #NUFC

I would turn down £3.5m to have that extra option myself

Nash - Wolves have today had a bid in the region of 11M + addons accepted for Newcastle striker Dwight Gayle. #wwfc #NUFC

FFS, these people making up accounts on Twitter is getting ridiculous.

About £7m more than Dicko :)

If you think Dicko (post-injury) would get as many goals as Gayle in Championship football then you sound like the sort of madman who would allege that Koscielny would get in the Spurs backline...

I would turn down £3.5m to have that extra option myself

I know you'd like us to have 2,341 strikers on the books at any one time but we simply aren't going to use Nouha if we sign someone else. He's already nowhere near the reckoning for a starting place and we only ever bring him on near the end of games. We have money now, rich owners but we still need to run as a business. That kind of money for a player we won't need, who hasn't looked anything like the player he was for a long time now and whose value is only going to decline from here (as he won't play) is decent.

If you think Dicko (post-injury) would get as many goals as Gayle in Championship football then you sound like the sort of madman who would allege that Koscielny would get in the Spurs backline...
Didnt say dicko would bag as many..but prices are not accurate

Back