• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Not too concerned if we sell Nouha, providing we bring in a couple more options up top.

Saturday summed up 2017 Nouha Dicko perfectly. 2-1 down, couple of minutes left, he's played in to a brilliant position and has 3 x players to square it to, all stood in the six yard box. What does he do? Shoots selfishly from a stupid angle in to the side netting.

I really wanted him to do well this season, but we've moved on. I thank him for the good times and wish him all the best. Especially if we get a good fee for him.

In his defence, he's on there to score goals, not provide assists, if he sees a chance he'll try and take it. He's not and will never again be our plan A, but he's doing pretty well as a plan B\C. Whether it would be consistent is the question and we don't have long to decide.

It's a shame we often end up loaning these type of players out rather than binning them off for good. It shows that the wages we pay and or the transfer fee we are looking for are inconsistent with the quality of player, given their options when leaving us.

In his defence, he's on there to score goals, not provide assists, if he sees a chance he'll try and take it. He's not and will never again be our plan A, but he's doing pretty well as a plan B\C. Whether it would be consistent is the question and we don't have long to decide.

So because he's a striker, he shouldn't pass the ball to a teammate (or three) even if they're in a much, much better position to score? Sorry mate - but that's crazy talk.

It was a poor decision from Nouha and only one example of how he's lost his edge since his long term lay off.

Strikers are selfish, they have to be. Numerous times they will shoot when another player is better positioned. The best do it and miss. To ask a striker like Dicko to change that is crazy talk. I saw Bully blast numerous chances a season high and wide when he should have passed.

Strikers are selfish, they have to be. Numerous times they will shoot when another player is better positioned. The best do it and miss. To ask a striker like Dicko to change that is crazy talk. I saw Bully blast numerous chances a season high and wide when he should have passed.

I agree they are selfish. But there's a time and a place. 2-1 down with a couple of minutes left, when there are better positioned teammates is not the time to be selfish and try a shot from a stupid angle. If I were Nuno, I'd have torn a strip off Nouha for that after the game.

He probably did get a loud word in his ear but he will back himself to shoot again if in the same position again. Once a striker loses the confidence to back himself he basically loses his edge.

Dickos decision making has been part of the problem since he came back, initially he couldn't hit a barn door either but seems to have resolved that problem. The Bully comparison is a good one and noone minds people being selfish if there is an end product.

Only a few weeks back someone was moaning about Neves constantly taking pot shots from 30 yards (rightly so it seemed ridiculous) then he scores that goal against Hull.

Dicko just doesn't fit in to our style of play now and other than late game on the break I can't see how he can get in the first team.

Bonatini has been linking play well and has 2 goals and we are still looking for better this is what Dicko has to compete with. I think it's the end of the road for him but I am sure he will not struggle to find another club that can utilise his skills.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It was criminal to shoot when he did on Saturday. He had better options (look at Jota's reaction) - he was never going to beat the keeper with a left foot sidefoot in that position.

It was criminal to shoot when he did on Saturday. He had better options (look at Jota's reaction) - he was never going to beat the keeper with a left foot sidefoot in that position.

Agreed.

He isn't Plan A, because he hasn't consistently put many of those chances away since injury. He's plan B and will always take the shot. Without that part of his game he isn't worth having as part of many plans.

He isn't Plan A, because he hasn't consistently put many of those chances away since injury. He's plan B and will always take the shot. Without that part of his game he isn't worth having as part of many plans.
There was no chance that shot goes in the angle was crazy he should have passed the ball. If it's less tight then I'm all for him having a pop.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

This argument is nuts. How are we defending a guy shooting from a ridiculous angle. There's being selfish and there's being stupid. If your banging in goals you get away with it (well you still get pelters but score 10mins later to make up for it), when your team losing in the final minute and your struggling to justify your position at the club you definitely don't.

Not defending as he should be passing in that situation just saying that Dicko will and has done that a hundred times in his time with Wolves. He isn't going to change that and I guess when you are game time limited and your aim is to score the selfish part in his game is increased.

Not seen the incident being referred to here but is it possible he was trying to play it across goal and just wasn't accurate?

Not seen the incident being referred to here but is it possible he was trying to play it across goal and just wasn't accurate?

That's exactly how I saw it. I sit in S5 so had the perfect angle. If he was shooting he'd have drilled the ball, he attempted a side foot cross ball and completely funked it.

It's a shit shot, a terrible choice by a player who isn't smart enough for the sort of football Wolves are now looking to play.

Well it seems like either we are back to a cloak and dagger approach and keeping business quiet, or we actually arent actively pursuing anyone?

Back