• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Nelson Oliveira with a brace for Norwich today taking his tally for the season to 15. Mendes client. Will he be a potential signing do we think?

Nelson Oliveira with a brace for Norwich today taking his tally for the season to 15. Mendes client. Will he be a potential signing do we think?

Please don't start the Mendes argument again quite so soon - leave it till June when most will have forgotten that it happened

Never been much of a fan of Oliveira personally. Slower than coastal erosion.

I think he's actually Norwich's player now? I mean he's better than what we have but given that he's been a rare bright spark for them this season, they probably need to do a clear out of the old guard who've been there too long now and they've still got full parachute payments he'd cost a lot for what he is.

I suspect we'd have a look at Jerome if he were made available - as I say, they're at the stage we should have been post-Mick, and where Derby are now, a ton of players who've done a grand job for them but it's time to break that squad up. At least it would stop him scoring against us. Although again he wouldn't be my choice.

I'm just clinging to a couple of youth players coming through and 5-6 players coming in during the summer.

I'm hoping to see a very different wolves team next season

I'm clinging to lambert realising he needs some kind of game plan in the summer, that's a bit more advanced than 'run around a lot and try and press in their half'

I'm clinging to lambert realising he needs some kind of game plan in the summer, that's a bit more advanced than 'run around a lot and try and press in their half'

This. Much like with Zenga, I'm not sure what it is he is asking the players. It if possession he often talks about pressing high up the pitch (which I can't say I've seen on the pitch) and in possession I'm baffled as to what the actual plan is, apart from give it to Costa when he is fit.

I wouldn't be bothered if he was sacked tbh, but at same time I'm willing to give him time as he has done well before and we can't just keep changing managers every few months!

We need Ronan, Bright to be able to step up if the opportunities next season,alongside some of the slightly younger ones pushing too as we won't be able to sign seven new first team players, which is pretty much what we need.

the best i think we can hope for is consolidation towards the top 10 next season, with improvements again summer 2018 for real promotion push.
I can't see us getting all the players we need this summer.

There are going to be opportunities to get players. Leeds are a much better team with Green in goal for example. Hardly expensive but a similar keeper would be an improvement. Middlesbrough's team could be ripe for picking and I would take friend back in a heartbeat. Still trying to think who from Sunderland might be worth a punt as they too will he making changes. Shackell, Russell from Derby? If Blackburn go down there may be temptation from Lambert to pick up some old friends but you coulkd also say that foir Norwich and Villa both sides due a clear out. My prediction is we will have at least one player from villa Norwich and Blackburn join us this summer and maybe a Derby and Forest couple too. Just a hunch.

Boro are under no pressure to sell, Gibson will stay in the PL and they'll get rid of some crap but the likes of Friend will be off limits.

Green, Shackell...these players are too old. Green kicks like Lonergan too :)

I would like James Husband from Boro tbf.

Wouldn't most of the players worth poaching off the relegated teams just stay in the Prem?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't mind if Lambert sees Doherty as a right back as long as its a shit right back. I'm hoping he sees that the only player at the club capable of playing full back for a promotion chasing side is Iorfa and if he doesn't rate him he needs two new ones.

Back