• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I like dicko and price.. Doc has scored and done a lot for the team like dangerous but its not enough.. Will be tough to clear out out massive squad.. Would like to keep some youngsters to get on late in games or even start.. Had enough of all our keepers bar ruddy, who haven't played.. Silvio is interesting.. Must be better than doc at A. Madrid..

So there we go guys, expectations set for next season then. Edwards starts every game and Stears aNd Doherty retain their places, probably along with Ikeme. Super.
- Thelwell needs the bullet before the window opens.
- Lambert needs binning too. He's never gonna get us promoted guys. Even if by some fluke, he did, he's shown with Villa that doesn't have the tactical mind or the soft skills to manage a team of big players.
- The Wolves board need to realise that the implications are massive if we carry on embarrassing ourselves.
We are the richest team in the league by a distance and we are under performing by some way. Fosun aren't gonna kid themselves, they are a business and will cut their ties if we continue to make a mess of things.

So there we go guys, expectations set for next season then. Edwards starts every game and Stears aNd Doherty retain their places, probably along with Ikeme. Super.
- Thelwell needs the bullet before the window opens.
- Lambert needs binning too. He's never gonna get us promoted guys. Even if by some fluke, he did, he's shown with Villa that doesn't have the tactical mind or the soft skills to manage a team of big players.
- The Wolves board need to realise that the implications are massive if we carry on embarrassing ourselves.
We are the richest team in the league by a distance and we are under performing by some way. Fosun aren't gonna kid themselves, they are a business and will cut their ties if we continue to make a mess of things.
Aye DDW

I await the obligatory response off certain people like 'But DDW you're really going over board there and I totally disagree with you'

not happening this time..so, some truth in that argument..haha

I await the obligatory response off certain people like 'But DDW you're really going over board there and I totally disagree with you'

Of course.

But anyone who thinks Lambert can take us to the Premier League is deluded and needs to stop kidding themselves.
This season has been beyond awful, let's not forget we nearly got relegated. And a lot of that was to do with Lambert.
Why didn't Cav start when he was available? Why did we keep dropping Evans? Why couldn't he see that Edwards actually scores and plays better when he's played deeper than the 10 role?

Make no mistake, he is Jackett mk II and you poor ST holders will be subjected to the same old shite next season.

Of course.

But anyone who thinks Lambert can take us to the Premier League is deluded and needs to stop kidding themselves.
This season has been beyond awful, let's not forget we nearly got relegated. And a lot of that was to do with Lambert.
Why didn't Cav start when he was available? Why did we keep dropping Evans? Why couldn't he see that Edwards actually scores and plays better when he's played deeper than the 10 role?

Make no mistake, he is Jackett mk II and you poor ST holders will be subjected to the same old shite next season.

good post

Of course.

But anyone who thinks Lambert can take us to the Premier League is deluded and needs to stop kidding themselves. Yeah, it's not like he's done it before with a smaller budget.
This season has been beyond awful, let's not forget we nearly got relegated. And a lot of that was to do with Lambert. Equally, he arrested the slide that put us in trouble, which was no small feat with this lot of "players".
Why didn't Cav start when he was available? Why did we keep dropping Evans? Why couldn't he see that Edwards actually scores and plays better when he's played deeper than the 10 role? Cav has likely been benched as punishment for perceived showboating last week. Evans is only just up to par for this level, if that. Edwards played deep against Blackburn and Huddersfield and it was a disaster.

Make no mistake, he is Jackett mk II and you poor ST holders will be subjected to the same old $#@!e next season.

For the life of me I cannot understand what more people think could have been done with the pissbags we've got in the dressing room this season.

I was listening to the most recent Wolves Fancast and they made a good point (one that the likes of Dan have probably already made here): of our squad, how many would our Championship peers be interested in? Three? Four? Five if you're being absolutely charitable.

We have a squad of either bad or chronically underachieving players. Antonio Conte wouldn't have won us promotion this season.

He's on 38 points from 28 games at the moment. 1.36 PPG, about 62 over a season, gets you 11th/12th normally. The club probably know that's got to be close to the best that you'll ever do with these players. Add in the cup run and I don't think he's in any danger at all. They aren't going to give him the flick because we've lost some dead games at the end of the season when our best player by a mile has been injured.

I don't know if this has been asked before, but will player recruitment be influenced by the impending Brexit if it is going to be full on restriction of movement for previously free to move European players?

Presumably EU players will need work permits the same as non-EU now. Whether the restrictions had to be slightly relaxed I don't know.

That will have a significant impact on Championship recruitment. Presumably picking players from, for example, 'French league obscurity' will be nigh on impossible?

I think it would. It will be pretty difficult for teams outside the top flight to have any overseas players.

I took huuuuuge shit over my criticism of Mendez and the signings, but frankly, (as you guys know better than me) which of the thirteen were Mendez, and who gets a game anymore?.
It still seems to Me that Fosun did a shopping supermarket sweep and here is the result.
I believe in Fosun before anyone cracks off, and expect more serious diligence this summer, but I wait to see.
Post not accompanied by cypro!

I took huuuuuge $#@! over my criticism of Mendez and the signings, but frankly, (as you guys know better than me) which of the thirteen were Mendez, and who gets a game anymore?.
It still seems to Me that Fosun did a shopping supermarket sweep and here is the result.
I believe in Fosun before anyone cracks off, and expect more serious diligence this summer, but I wait to see.
Post not accompanied by cypro!

Our 2 best players, what's your point?

Back