• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

What would you like him to say, "Doherty and Edwards are fucking shit, the sooner they're no longer in the team the better"...not going to happen is it.

Nothing has changed regarding the owners. They've bought us ultimately to bump up their brand exposure and much later on, make money out of us. Can't do that in this division. So they won't let us muddle on with a squad that's fit for about 15th place because that makes no sense to them.

yeah, he cant talk bad about them in public but to praise them.. edwards, doc, coady whoever that is british and can play +35 games is just ridiculous IMO ..bit different isnt it?

Get Ranieri in, let him buy whatever he wants..get us promoted and then we can build from there..

I'd be ringing him to see if he's interested in a director of football post,probably less hassle at his age,and he's bound to have better contacts than thelwell,and his records none too shabby either

I'd be ringing him to see if he's interested in a director of football post,probably less hassle at his age,and he's bound to have better contacts than thelwell,and his records none too shabby either

better than nothing..can see him as manager too..he won the premier league with Leicester last season and has managed Chelsea so cant be too bad as manager either..

better than nothing..can see him as manager too..he won the premier league with Leicester last season and has managed Chelsea so cant be too bad as manager either..
Yet before Leicester he was a joke in charge of Greece....although the good people of the Faroe Islands are big fans.

Yet before Leicester he was a joke in charge of Greece....although the good people of the Faroe Islands are big fans.

I know, not a straight way but a rollercoaster,,must be better than what we have though

Sounds like change for the sake of change and the pick a name lottery hits Ranieri for some reason - and I bet it wouldn't have picked him 18 months ago.

What would you like him to say, "Doherty and Edwards are $#@!ing $#@!, the sooner they're no longer in the team the better"...not going to happen is it.

The flip side of that though is not saying anything about them at all and certainly not saying we have the nucleus of a good side when that is a flat out crock of shit. Plenty of cliches he could of used instead 'clean slate' his favourite 'preseason', 'new challenges'. All of which have positive connotations.

Nothing has changed regarding the owners. They've bought us ultimately to bump up their brand exposure and much later on, make money out of us. Can't do that in this division. So they won't let us muddle on with a squad that's fit for about 15th place because that makes no sense to them.

I can't see it either but then they're letting Thelwell do the buying. The same man who said Grant Holt must be good.

In Jeffs interview the other week he said we would be using Mendes in the summer and i still think we will. I have no real problem with what Lambert has said apart from him using the likes of Edwards and Doherty as examples of the players we need. I think the summer goes 2 ways and there will be no middle ground, it will either be a surprise to a few and fantasic or a disaster and Edwards and co will still be first choice. It will be eventful either way.

Plenty of cliches he could of used instead 'clean slate' his favourite 'preseason', 'new challenges'. All of which have positive connotations.

Like what? Anything he says gets taken apart - sometimes out of context - and instantly dismissed. He can't win.

Like what? Anything he says gets taken apart - sometimes out of context - and instantly dismissed. He can't win.

I did put some examples up (and you quoted them). What he shouldn't say is we have a nucleus of a good side when that is a flat out lie. The players aren't good enough as this season has proved and building on shit will only make you sink.

He also neglects to include either player that has saved his job because without the returning Cav or a fit Costa we would have gone down.

Ranieri lol.

Lets remove his time at Leicester and youll see he's had more clubs than Nick Faldo. He's like the Steve Bruce of top level managers with an average of two years per team 16 in 31 years.

Fabulous achievement at Leicester but nothing indicates his suitability for a/the role.

Ranieri lol.

Lets remove his time at Leicester and youll see he's had more clubs than Nick Faldo. He's like the Steve Bruce of top level managers with an average of two years per team 16 in 31 years.

Fabulous achievement at Leicester but nothing indicates his suitability for a/the role.

ok then, and Paul Lambert, has won the champions league then?

like I have said before, IF, PL and KT takes us to the premier legaue I will do something crazy..eat something not nice..dont think it will happen..

He had an amazing career. He didn't do brilliantly at Villa but his managerial record has been good so far and apart from the dodgy run in Feb I think he's done a decent job so far at Wolves with a very limited squad.

I was genuinely fuming about Lambert after the first two games, he completely misjudged the squad and threw two games away but since then he's done well IMO. There's nothing wrong with buying players who know the Championship as long as they're good players as well and with Fosun's backing I think we could sign some top class players this summer.

I was the same as you..but his selections over the last 10 games has not been poor, but a disgrace..so I have completely lost faith that he knows enough about modern football to get us promoted..and that article was just gravy on my food..

He had an amazing career. He didn't do brilliantly at Villa but his managerial record has been good so far and apart from the dodgy run in Feb I think he's done a decent job so far at Wolves with a very limited squad.

I was genuinely fuming about Lambert after the first two games, he completely misjudged the squad and threw two games away but since then he's done well IMO. There's nothing wrong with buying players who know the Championship as long as they're good players as well and with Fosun's backing I think we could sign some top class players this summer.

I'm hoping he does buy well Lycan and I hope he improves the style of play (the Derby build up video suggests he wants ball players in the squad) but most of all I do not want to see Dave Edwards in the starting line-up anymore. We can't continue to play with 10 men as we will not go anywhere.

Our record is 6-1-3 over the last 10 games so he can't be doing that badly over that timeframe.

Basically we have a serious lack of quality if Costa's unavailable (I won't excuse him leaving Cav out of late). This is what he was left with. No real chance to fix it in January so it has to be done this summer.

I'm hoping he does buy well Lycan and I hope he improves the style of play (the Derby build up video suggests he wants ball players in the squad) but most of all I do not want to see Dave Edwards in the starting line-up anymore. We can't continue to play with 10 men as we will not go anywhere.

Preaching to the choir Johnny.

As a player, yes.

As somebody else alrrady alluded to 18 months ago Renieri wouldn't be considered and was a massively left-field appointment at Leicester.

Im with you in distrusting Thelwell but his presence/removal transcends anything else. Changing the manager is utterly pointless until the former happens including sacking Lambert.

Im not advocating Lambert go yet he annoys the shit out me on certain things but until Fosun have had a pre-season and Lamberts team selections after August 31st its impossible to judge.

If any three of Ikeme, Doherty, Coady, Batth, Edwards, Saville, Stearman, Bod, Dicko, Price or Evans*** are still featuring as frst choices then serious questions need to be asked.

*** Just to be clear I have a range of emotions with this list from contempt (Doherty) to like but not good enough (Price) to Dicko who has a career defining summer ahead of him. If we can get him back to his best with a pre season then wonderful if not then it may be time to cut losses also.

Back