• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Just listened to last nights WM phone in. Paul Franks was the only one who spoke any sense repeatedly stating "Wolves will be in the Premier League next season" Mark Regan just took the piss out of him.

Mark Regan is a complete asshole and regularly speaks crap and how he thinks he can pass judgement on Wolves when he spends all season watching Villa.

After the summer we've had, the notion we'll sign Sylla is barking.

Even GFFH doesn't know. This is serious fucking shit here.

As if I wasn't excited enough then all these rumor's start. Nuno has said he only wants to bring players in if they are better than what we have or offer something different and I believe him on that. I do still want a "beast" up front, but one with some skill not some Iwan Roberts type battering ram.

winning our first 3 games and playing such good football can only help if we are looking at higher profile players, Aboubakar looks fab on that highlight vid and has been in good form so far but why would Porto let him go?

Not a chance it is Sylla and rightly so.

After some of the signings we have made this summer, then nothing would surprise me. I really still find it hard to believe how we have persuaded so many quality players to play in the second tier of English football.

Hell's teeth we are no more going to sign Idrissa Sylla than we're going to sign Idris the Dragon or Cilla Black.
Someone has posted on the rumours thread that wolves are keen to watch the Liverpool/Hoffenheim game. On the assumption that Coutinho isn't going to reject Barca for us, that's a decent starting point for anyone super-knowledgeable about European football, especially as GFFH has saif "days." Feed this into the databanks and see who pops up:

Technical striker
Client of Mendes
Likely to be knocked of the Champions League this week

Uth was regularly linked with Huddersfield last season.

If we offer enough so that Porto think they are getting more than they normally would then it could tempt them to help with the finances.

I reckon we could tempt the player by showing him our games so far and telling him he'll be a PL player in a year's time with us. We'd seriously tear this league to shreds with him up front.

What that tempting figure would be I don't know. Probably getting on for £25m.

I'd love it to happen just to see the media and other fans explode about us buying the league, FFP and Mended back-handers. It'd be glorious!!!

would love to get a world class striker in to boost our chance of promotion to almost a certainty without injuries..

Griff...decent record and only 26 yrs

2006–2009 Livingston 47 (22)
2009–2011 Dundee 47 (21)
2011–2014 Wolves 26 (12)
2011–2013 Hibernian 66 (31)
2014– Celtic 96 (66)

Griffiths is never coming back here. Being a flat-track bully in a pub league isn't close to fucking good enough for what we need.

I am really beginning to expect it to be a twenty million plus signing.

So many championship fans are going to fucking hate us. And I don't give a tinker's cuss frankly.

Griffiths is never coming back here. Being a flat-track bully in a pub league isn't close to $#@!ing good enough for what we need.

So many championship fans are going to $#@!ing hate us. And I don't give a tinker's cuss frankly.

That's the price of success. That, and +30m.

Griffiths is never coming back here. Being a flat-track bully in a pub league isn't close to fucking good enough for what we need.

So many championship fans are going to fucking hate us. And I don't give a tinker's cuss frankly.
Paddy, no matter how you put it Griff is a bloody good scorer..i understand he wont be here again..with all his kids and different women..but that record speaks for itself no matter league..yeah will probably be a high qual signing #jiminent

He isn't close to being good enough. Beating up Inverness Cally is the equivalent of whacking goals in against Carlisle.

No matter what you think of Griff as a player I don't think it can be denied that he wouldn't fit the way we play under Nuno.

And can you imagine those two butting heads? We'd be releasing him within a week.

I actually think Griffiths would be pretty good in this league in this side, and he is a fantastic finisher but I would rather we signed someone with a view for the premier league

Scoring a lot in almost any league shows what you can do..not easy to score 66 goals in 96 games at celtic..lets try how many players do that

It does sort of depend on the level of opposition.

Any Celtic striker should sleepwalk to 30 goals in that league for goodness sake.

It does sort of depend on the level of opposition.

Any Celtic striker should sleepwalk to 30 goals in that league for goodness sake.
Ok, how many in history has done that then?

Griffiths is quality. No point discussing him though as Celtic don't want to sell him and Griffiths doesn't want to leave.

2000-2001 Henrik Larsson 35
2003-2004 Henrik Larsson 30
2005-2006 Kris Boyd 32

In fifteen years since the SPL was re-branded Celtic have scored 1304 goals

Let's just all admit that they are miles beyond that league and still would be shit in England. They are playing against fucking parks teams.

Back