• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

You'd have trouble fitting them all in at the same time :D

That's my concern with 3-4-3 really. It's really hard for us to play all the talent we have. Helder is going to nail down the right forward role, Jota won't get displaced because he's just ridiculous...tough on the other two. How do they get in the team?

There's a report (albeit only in The Sun) that we're looking to loan Zyro out, he obviously isn't near Nuno's thoughts at the moment so if we can punt him off to a Sheff Utd/Barnsley/Burton etc until Christmas then fine. He needs games. Don't send him to Bolton though, I don't want to help them out at all.

For the record I reckon Lonergan will get released in the next fortnight (then sign for someone desperate for a backup keeper in Oct/Nov), Edwards will move on, Zyro will get a loan, Mason will be too half-arsed to push for a move and will just mooch around here for a while, Deslandes, Ruddy Jr and Herc to go out on loan to L1/L2 teams. Randall and Collins too if we can find them clubs.

2 out of four each time will do fine. With that much talent you can afford to rotate without any impact. Santo's building a squad mentality and we are going to have a ridiculously strong, agile bench. We've got as much attacking talent in depth as I can remember, but we still haven't improved our striker options to keep up with them.

Being linked to Tiquinho Soares on Twitter.

Like all our signings I have no idea who this was, as my memory is crap and my spelling is crap, I miss spelled his name after opening a tab, and the first link that gave me as Lambert moaning about maybe quitting (from May) because be was worried about Mendes controlling the transfers and him not being allowed his targets. I'd love to see the car crash alternative universe where Lambert won that battle and currently has 0 points but is talking up whatever midfielder he signed from Northampton.

Been told to expect the signing pretty soon, if not very soon! Days I'm guessing. Exciting, but no idea who! Nor has my source! It's on lockdown!

You big tease but I love it thanks

Tiquinho would certainly fit the mold of Bonatini, aka "Target Man" strikers.

Interestingly, he's 26, so right into his prime. Older than our other imports, I mean.

Hopefully SLB can give some more information.

Holy and Miranda are both 26, Douglas is 27 and Ruddy is 30. He's not exactly older.

Boly I didn't realize was that old. Douglas and Ruddy I wasn't really including.

I hope so. That would mean it was someone seriously decent.

Tiquinho would be an interesting one, batted around on loan in South America for ages, then Portugal where his progression was decent >>> poached by bigger club >>> very good >>> poached by biggest club >>> awesome. Was even talk of him making a Brazil squad when Jesus got injured and he'd started like a train at Porto.

This management team could sign a martian and I'd trust them atm

I would expect Nuno and Jorge Mendes to fully explore the continental market to find value on a striker, the home market being hugely inflated.

Back