• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I'd really like to read it, maybe send him an agenda of the things you'd like to talk?

I don't want to clog this thread up too much more with this stuff - I have at least two threads of my own regarding my site, and this is meant to be discussing transfers! - but as I'm being asked:

If it happened I would envisage it being in a live blog format so it would run as a fairly free-ranging conversation, much as you would have face-to-face. There wouldn't be an agenda as such though of course I want to examine why he holds the opinions that he apparently holds and delve deeper into what he wants from the club. Not in a hostile way, in a manner of forensic analysis.

As Pad says he has little to gain from it (other than some respect from me, which I'm sure isn't really worth it) and I rather suspect he regrets saying now that he is up for it. Though that isn't my problem. I think he knows that it isn't a fight he really wants to get into. What I suspect will happen is that he'll end up saying he'd like to do it, but the powers that be won't allow him to, which is not something I can counter and that will be that.

If it happens then great, I'm all for it, I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise. If it doesn't, then fine. I have plenty of other stuff I can do.

It's just one attacker I think. Everything else is there (if Marshall and German Phil really aren't too far away from fitness)

I am sure the greedy will ask for just one more on deadline day, but if we get a top striker over the line between now and then we have had quite simply our best window ever.

I don't want to clog this thread up too much more with this stuff - I have at least two threads of my own regarding my site, and this is meant to be discussing transfers! - but as I'm being asked:

If it happened I would envisage it being in a live blog format so it would run as a fairly free-ranging conversation, much as you would have face-to-face. There wouldn't be an agenda as such though of course I want to examine why he holds the opinions that he apparently holds and delve deeper into what he wants from the club. Not in a hostile way, in a manner of forensic analysis.

As Pad says he has little to gain from it (other than some respect from me, which I'm sure isn't really worth it) and I rather suspect he regrets saying now that he is up for it. Though that isn't my problem. I think he knows that it isn't a fight he really wants to get into. What I suspect will happen is that he'll end up saying he'd like to do it, but the powers that be won't allow him to, which is not something I can counter and that will be that.

If it happens then great, I'm all for it, I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise. If it doesn't, then fine. I have plenty of other stuff I can do.

You should tell him that's what you want to do :) He'll most likely still play the my boss sez no card but at least he'll know where you're coming from

Idrissa sylla being linked by a Twitter rag - any good? I know most about him

Speaking of which.....any danger? Other than a cheeky pot shot at Tim nice but dim, we've not heard anything from oscillating wildly since last week....Tell me to fuck off by all means, we all have stuff on after all.

Idrissa sylla being linked by a Twitter rag - any good? I know most about him

Old Ken target. Had a good little spell for QPR last season but either side of that wasn't very good. He's a fair bit too lumbering for my taste. We allegedly had a deal done for him pre-takeover.

All - Please stick any outstanding Oscillating Wildly/Tim Q&A queries on this thread if there are any, ta.

Speaking of which.....any danger? Other than a cheeky pot shot at Tim nice but dim, we've not heard anything from oscillating wildly since last week....Tell me to fuck off by all means, we all have stuff on after all.

I wouldn't be so crude as to do that.

As stated this is the thread to discuss all this really (for now at least) but yeah, there's stuff upcoming (there'll be Player Ratings on Sunday for a start). Unfortunately I don't really get paid for this at the moment, other stuff pays the bills and that has had to take priority over the last week or so.

I wouldn't be so crude as to do that.

As stated this is the thread to discuss all this really (for now at least) but yeah, there's stuff upcoming (there'll be Player Ratings on Sunday for a start). Unfortunately I don't really get paid for this at the moment, other stuff pays the bills and that has had to take priority over the last week or so.

Noted and understood, good man!

On Aboubakar: I wouldn't have thought there's any chance of that now. He seems well and truly in the reckoning at Porto.

On Sylla: Ball doesn't stick to him nearly enough to be Bonatini-Deluxe, nor is he fast enough to be Dicko-Deluxe.

if we played Jota, Cavaleiro, Enobakhare and Costa around a striker like Aboubakar we'd score 70+ goals

Back