• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

WM phone-ins are for the type of people who instantly froth at the mouth because Paul Franks et al are purely there to wind listeners up.

As I've said before WM love a molineux crisis and if there isn't one they'll invent.
Not helped by the likes of Charles Ross popping every now and then with the "told you so" and his sanctimonious view of other wolves fans.

As I've said before WM love a molineux crisis and if there isn't one they'll invent.
Not helped by the likes of Charles Ross popping every now and then with the "told you so" and his sanctimonious view of other wolves fans.

Charles Ross has left being a decent fan who ran ALOB to become a ridiculous prophet of doom. I bet he HATES fosun.

Charles is a nice enough guy but he seems to have decided to freeze his opinions on football at some point in 1993. In fact it's not just football, ALOB died because he refused to sort out an online presence. Would have been so easy. Had a decade to sort it out. Never bothered.

What a shame, as ALOB was excellent, I loved poring through it after picking one up at the Mol. Back then I wasn't on the forums or 606 and to me it felt like it had its finger on the pulse of Wolves

There were some very good writers in there (as well as the utterly tiresome one note bellend that was JIWAL). But the world moves on and if you don't move with it...

Funniest thing about Charles Ross is his prepared script when he's on WM.
I wish they'd interrupt him mid ' Jack Hayward' flow just to see how he reacts.
No doubt we won't hear a fucking sound from him until we lose a few matches.

I had a couple of articles published in ALOB in my late teens when I toyed with journalism. Always found Charles affable but definitely an 'odd' I couldn't put my finger on.

No argument on my part my friend. It's just I've had a go at his brand of journalism quite a bit this summer and it makes me look a bit bitter if I keep doing that, so I'm trying not to go over the same ground over and over. I'm not bitter incidentally, it's not the way I would ever choose to write but if he thinks it works for him then fine. I'll carry on doing what I'm doing.

Mind you I don't think he wants to defend it properly so that's why this Q&A almost certainly won't happen.

Why would be up for a Q&A if he thinks you're going to criticise him or make him defend his work? There's nothing in it for him.

Because he said he was up for it. But I'm well aware that's no guarantee of anything.

What has Tim got to gain though? Not a lot. But he has a lot of credibility to lose if he gets taken to pieces publicly.

Saw on twitter that Sam Gallagher is on his way to Villa. Wonder who we've got lined up?

Going there on loan by the sound of it.

I think we have rather bigger fish to fry

Boubakar is the bookies rumour again.

Back