• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Scrap this £20m for 2 players and instead Wolves should look at Vincent Janssen who will be made available by Spurs.

Depor are struggling to raise more than 11 million in their bid for Lucas Perez from Arsenal so I would hope Wolves could better that deal and persuade the player to come to us.
Arsenal are looking for closer to 15 million.

Timmy II

Engaging presser with Nuno today, just myself and Rob Gurney from WM, interesting stuff on Wolves + football philosophy. Articles to follow.

not sure if related to the presser, but...

Rhodes + Oliveira...nothing on the table for either. Wolves have long-standing interest in the latter (a Gestifute client) but too expensive
Unless there's a change in tack on available funds for a striker - or either is made available on loan (unlikely) then nothing doing.
The fact Bonatini and Dicko have both started well lessens the urgency. Gallagher looking less likely. Number of targets being monitored.

Those two wouldn't drop down a division IMO. They'd rather go back abroad to a top flight European league somewhere.

Maybe a loan at the end of the window if they're still there and desperate to move.

Increasingly thinking we might wait until January to see if we need another pure striker. Cavaleiro's been playing pretty well there, we've got Costa coming back, Bright's playing well... Zyro's the only question mark so far as to his worth for a squad place right now IMO, that's not bad at all.

Jerome Sinclair on loan from Watford anyone, is his link play good enough?

I've seen him play four or five times (albeit mainly sub appearances) and he looks awful.

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere but is Joel Campbell still any good? Back at Arsenal again after being on loan.

He hasn't gotten any worse. Never, ever a center forward, though.

Probably nothing to this, right?

https://twitter.com/Gabbidon35/status/897130947279237120

By all accounts he's having his medical at Derby. I'd definitely take him, he'd be a really solid upgrade on Zyro and/or Edwards if one of them is leaving, and he can play across a front three so sort of fits the criteria we're looking for for another forward. But, yeah, must be bollocks right?

He plays wide left or as a #10. He 100% isn't as good as Jota or Cav (and probably not Graham) and we don't use a #10.

Spiers peddling the "no money left for transfers, only looking at loans" line again. Really hope we sign someone just to see what he says then about having no budget left.

Why would Danny gabbidon post that. If he's on the wind up he's gonna get pelters for it - why would someone do that intentionally?

I'd be OK with that but I thought Derby had had a £7m bid accepted? Ipswich POTS last year

Why would Danny gabbidon post that. If he's on the wind up he's gonna get pelters for it - why would someone do that intentionally?

Don't see what Danny Gabbidon has got to gain from inventing this, so I am considering he knows something no one else does, which sometimes happens.

Don't see what Danny Gabbidon has got to gain from inventing this, so I am considering he knows something no one else does, which sometimes happens.

He might've just made a mistake/been fed faulty info. It does seem a very strange transfer but if it was true it'd pretty much confirm that Jota/Cav will be used as a false 9 when Bonatini doesn't play.

Lawrence has been having a medical at Derby, plus he's another wide player we don't really need.

Gabiddon has it wrong I'm betting.

Occam's razor would suggest that gabbidon has made a faux Pas, either that or he's on the wind up or Lawrence has done a Scott dann

Back