• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I really don't get why we'd be after Rhodes, as others have said he wouldn't fit with our playstyle at all, and as much as it might be nice to have someone like him on the bench in case we need to throw the dice and switch tactics when chasing a game, I really doubt he would want to come here to sit on the bench. Also, we've got "something different" on the bench already, in the shape of Nouha Dicko.

I can believe we're trying to unsettle Oliveira though. Would be nice to pay Norwich back for how their interest in Afobe a couple of years ago derailed that season.

Zahore in a player swap for the returning hero Mason and some cash would do nicely.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Zahore in a player swap for the returning hero Mason and some cash would do nicely.

Joe Mason, Dave Edwards and £10m would be about right...

We should get Zohore just to add to the traditional British names thing we seem to have going (Kenneth is case you were wondering)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

We should get Zohore just to add to the traditional British names thing we seem to have going (Kenneth is case you were wondering)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ironic given he's not British.

Neither are Rod and Willy.

Fnarr.

I think Ronan, Price and MGW will provide back up for Neves and Saiss.

Agreed, and it will work for one or two games, but if either Neves or Saiss were out for a prolonged period of time then it just wouldn't be sustainable. I do agree with the point of a bloated squad though which is why I'd sacrifice Price for a significant upgrade.

I wouldn't disagree with upgrading Price for another either.

Can't see it happening in this window, it's going to be hard to find a midfielder of adequate quality now who's going to be happy playing second fiddle and Price isn't going anywhere. Pipe dreams and all that. I reckon if we're struggling due to injuries come January we'll address it provided we get the striker we need before this window shuts.

Striker is the main deal for me Price is good backup and I really believe those are the spots Ronan will challenge for longer term. If we can get someone better than we have or better than price fair enough, perhaps a playmaker in the KMac mould.

Scrap this £20m for 2 players and instead Wolves should look at Vincent Janssen who will be made available by Spurs.

Back