• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I wouldn't sell him whilst he's first choice, it's not like we need the money. I wouldn't be giving him a new contract either though. His leadership and organisational skills were impressive on Saturday, but of their three real chances 2 came as a result of his mistakes, losing the flight of the ball on the one and letting Assombalonga run off him for the other. Still a big question mark for me, but to be expected when learning a new position.

If we've got a better CB lined up then I'd sell him. For all the vocal / leading he does I'm not sure he's a great CB. He got caught out by a few balls over the top against Boro.

Agree with those that have commented on his vocal/leadership skills since coming in to Nuno's plans. These organisational skills are more important to us at the moment than his technical ability as a footballer. We have a lot of new faces in the squad/team and need 2-3 players to keep it all together, and Coady is one of them (Hause is not. He might be a better footballer, but he's no vocal leader at the back - yet).

Unless Sheffield United have offered us a stupid fee, we'll be keeping him.

As for a new contract, I'd like to see how things pan out in this new role over the next 2-3 months before a decision is made.

Agree with those that have commented on his vocal/leadership skills since coming in to Nuno's plans. These organisational skills are more important to us at the moment than his technical ability as a footballer. We have a lot of new faces in the squad/team and need 2-3 players to keep it all together, and Coady is one of them (Hause is not. He might be a better footballer, but he's no vocal leader at the back - yet).

Unless Sheffield United have offered us a stupid fee, we'll be keeping him.

As for a new contract, I'd like to see how things pan out in this new role over the next 2-3 months before a decision is made.

Spot on.

Didn't Coady sign with a 3 year with an option for a 4th year? If so, we can just take up the option. By the end of the season I doubt Coady will be first choice and if clubs are interested, they can pay up for him.

Chris Martin bigging us up and talking about his dream to play in the premier league, with Derby selling some of their best and not replacing them I wonder if we could tempt him. We have the cash and the ambition and he would be awesome in that central role.

Common Thelwell whisper in Nunos ear and make it happen!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

He'll be on decent money, he was a pretty big signing for us from a fellow Championship club and going further back, Liverpool wouldn't have had him on peanuts.

I saw Britney bringing up Neves' wages as a comparison, yeah, that's a bit different isn't it Tim. If any of our legacy players want paying similar to him then they need carting off to Nuffield ASAP as they've clearly had a bang on the head recently.

I would imagine possibly Dave Edwards would be the highest paid of the old guard? Whether most people rate him or not, he's been at the club almost a decade and survived 7 previous managers?

He signed a new deal fairly soon after we got relegated: I imagine that saw him take a pay cut to put him in line with Batth and co.

Well, Coady is staying, Nuno says so. Just shut the question down by the sound of it.

Ludicrous bid by Sheff Utd, let's face it.

Andre Gray sold to Watford for £18m, so he won't be coming here. (apologies if this is old news)

Don't know where Wolves are looking, apart from the Gallagher rumour.

I would imagine possibly Dave Edwards would be the highest paid of the old guard? Whether most people rate him or not, he's been at the club almost a decade and survived 7 previous managers?

A right Jonah.

Completely pulling this out of my ass, but is Chuba Akpom one we could go after on loan (or otherwise)? Kind of a similar trajectory to Afobe before we bought him, and like Afobe is almost certainly not getting a chance at Arsenal any time soon.

Yeah he's not made any kind of impact when he's been sent out before unfortunately

Sky saying we're after oliveria and Rhodes in a "£20 million" swoop.

I'd be very happy with that!

It's in the mirror too, with the added 'If they can find a way round FFP'.

Covers all bases. But we've got too many players. If we get both then Dicko has to go (assuming mason already on his way). Graham likely wouldn't get a look in as RWB stocked up with Doc and German Phil, but I'd be sad to see him go. Midfield Ok as long as Edwards doesn't mind staying at home. If there's interest then sell as MGW can come in if required. Any two of 4 options behind the striker and we aren't weakened really and we're probably Ok atvCB as long as Bennett doesn't mind sitting at home when Hause is back.

I wouldn't take Rhodes, and I'm not as convinced on Oliveira as others are. I like the idea of a Jota-Cav-Costa front three in full flow. All three can interchanges positions (Bright too) and then we have Bonatini and Dicko as other options. Not that I think under Nuno this would happen but I also think a front three like that would stop any hint of a chance of us booting it long at any of those players. Cavaleiro has played as a striker before (was in team of tournament at u21 euros playing as a striker).

Back