• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Wait, am I allowed to change my mind on the internet these days? I forget

Coddy was very good for them though. Had a few text me to ask if I think it will happen and all surprised to hear that he's seemingly been given a key role for us so far.

I don't think we'll sell. Nuno clearly sees something in him, and he has the armband when Batth isn't in the team. Out of the "old guard", he seems to have been the most receptive to Nuno's ideas.

No. Or we will find an obscure post from 3 years ago that will contradict what you're saying now.

Shhh. He still wants Michael Mancienne at the centre of our back three...

Twitter seems to be suggesting that he's after a new contract and a pay rise

Idiots seem to be saying that though, most saying it's probably a made up rumour by his agent, even though the Sheff U manager spoke about it the other day.

Last year of his contract - in the first team and captain,. He would be an idiot for not wanting or trying to get a new contract

Last year of his contract - in the frist team and captain,. He would be an idiot for not wanting or trying to get a new contract

Hell why not we've given three year contracts to worse players in the last 12 months.

I guess he came in on a reasonable deal, whereas we have thrown contracts to Evans, EEL, Doherty etc. As they were previously on low contracts as young/from academy/from smaller clubs, so we gave them new deals to achieve parity for their role in the squad. Why we gave them such long deals is baffling.

Last year of his contract - in the frist team and captain,. He would be an idiot for not wanting or trying to get a new contract

same as what I thought. whilst he's in favour, who could blame him (or his agent). doesn't mean we have to let him have one of course.

He'll be on decent money, he was a pretty big signing for us from a fellow Championship club and going further back, Liverpool wouldn't have had him on peanuts.

I saw Britney bringing up Neves' wages as a comparison, yeah, that's a bit different isn't it Tim. If any of our legacy players want paying similar to him then they need carting off to Nuffield ASAP as they've clearly had a bang on the head recently.

Assuming that the Sheffield United rumour is agent instigated, I'd like to think the club will look to keep their powder dry on this one. If he's still in and around the first team at xmas and the defence is performing well, then fair enough, have another look at his contract.

Assuming that the Sheffield United rumour is agent instigated, I'd like to think the club will look to keep their powder dry on this one. If he's still in and around the first team at xmas and the defence is performing well, then fair enough, have another look at his contract.

I doubt it's agent instigated when the Sheffield United manager has come out and said they've made a bid.

Yeah, have now seen that mentioned elsewhere. Point still stands in that I don't think we should be offering him a new deal in response to this bid though. Have read calls from fans on twitter suggesting we should do just that. We seem to hold all the cards as far as I can tell. I would like to think that the club will see how things pan out over the next couple of months and look at it around the new year.

We don't need to hand him a new deal now (nor should we) and he doesn't strike me as the sort to behave like Kevin McDonald about it. Leave it as it is and reject the bid, which I'm sure is what will happen.

Exactly. Not entirely sure I understand the thought process of people who are suggesting the club should do so tbh.

I agree with you there. He's only had 1 league game so far, no need to break out Thelwell's special contract pen yet.

Actually, they can fuck off. He has shown enough in his new role and as captain to prove naysayers like me wrong. Stay and get us promoted. Far better option!

Back