• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

*SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS*
Wolves cool interest in Nelson Oliveira after Alan (but you can call me Betty... USA USA USA USA) describes him as "an immense $#@!".
Seriously, though. Bringing in a huge group of players that are a different nationality and much higher caliber to our "old guard" is a delicate process. The last thing we need is some idiot stomping around the dressing room every time Bright or Dicko plays ahead of him. He could conceivably raze everything we've tried to build.

Agreed- just trying to be simplistic. Please tell me how Drinkwater and Walker are worth 80m of anyones money? Spurs did not need to sell. Leciester do not need to sell. Southampton dont want to sell Van Djyck but I will put good money they will and soon. Neymar , well thats just obscene. If you work eveyday of your life and earn double the average wage in the UK you will work for 10 years to get the money he gets for 1 game. 1 game. That cannot be right in any profession, at any time , in any country when people in the world are starving

*Puts soapbox away now*

You've just answered your own question. They didn't need to sell them so the sums offered are obviously no going to be in any way 'competitive' with the rest of the market. And anyway - we went past the 'obscene' barrier decades ago in terms of transfer fees and wages. Football is big business and a different world to the one we live and work in. That's been the case for a long time now.

Oh no Cybers going to shoehorn a gif into every post isn't he :)

First off I don't care if Oliveira is a knob. If he's the guy Nuno wants that'll do for me. Also don't see anyone stomping around the dressing room with WB in there...

On another striker, shows the ambition we suddenly have.I looked at the fee for Gray and thought, "OK, he's chosen to stay in the PL,but we could have paid that."

Just looked on Twitter - Oliveira supposedly off to Reading for £9.5m

As I've said before, I think we'd have signed Oliveira by now if we'd really wanted him. Last season was prime chance to buy him but we let him go elsewhere.

Okay, so what has nuno said he wants from this striker? Someone who scores goals and links play. Oliver's can score goals, but cannot link play, therefore he would not be a good fit for nunos system...
Which is why I suggested Joselu whose biggest asset is his link play on the deck.

With Gray going to Watford, could we get Deeney? He'd be perfect.

I wouldn't think there's any chance of that. Imagine Troy won't want to leave.

I wouldn't think there's any chance of that. Imagine Troy won't want to leave.
I said that about Neves..

Very unlikely to happen but we operate in a world where it could these days.

I'd imagine there'd be Prem suitors, like with Andre Gray.

Deeney is a massive Bluenose. Doubt he'd come here.

Dunno. They've just signed Rodriguez.

Though Ginger Megson reckons they could sign 5 players this week.

How does he bring a lot more than goals? On their forum, norwich fans say he got no assists at all last season, and that Cameron Jerome brings goals and assists - and that the biggest thing Olivera brings is pot shots from long distance, at the expense of linking up play.

Interested to hear what you think it is he brings apart from goals?
Like many things the style of play is a key factor, people will look at simple goals and assists to judge him but playing in our system as a central striker he will offer much more IMO.

I think he could potentially be that focal point we lacked before Bonatini signed (I haven't seen Bonatini yet basing that on reports)

Also he's not well liked from what I gather from Norwich fans so there could be some salt their end.

Dicko likes to play off the shoulder of the last man, this means he relies on others to create for him. We need someone who may not offer the last pass before a goal is scored but provides a presence and the link up play to make things happen, this is why I think he would be a good signing.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'm still thinking Moussa Marega.

Played and scored two for Porto tonight.

Didn't see that, came off the bench to do it, as well.

Will be interesting to see how things turn out there, I did not expect him to make a league appearance for Porto already.

Back