• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

No thank you, the last thing we need is Roger Johnson mk.II destroying us from the inside.

He will bring alot more than just goals and suits the way we play. It's a huge yes from me.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

How does he bring a lot more than goals? On their forum, norwich fans say he got no assists at all last season, and that Cameron Jerome brings goals and assists - and that the biggest thing Olivera brings is pot shots from long distance, at the expense of linking up play.

Interested to hear what you think it is he brings apart from goals?

Looks like Andre Gray is going to Watford, so that's one we can cross off the list. Still think Gallagher is the one they really want

I don't know much about Gallagher: is he really that good?

Gotta pay that extra premium for a young English player, though.

How does he bring a lot more than goals? On their forum, norwich fans say he got no assists at all last season, and that Cameron Jerome brings goals and assists - and that the biggest thing Olivera brings is pot shots from long distance, at the expense of linking up play.

Interested to hear what you think it is he brings apart from goals?

Assists is a pretty shit statistic unless it's being applied to wingers/wing backs or set piece takers. If Leo brings it down from a direct ball lays it off to a WB who puts it on a plate for Costa/Cav/Jota, then he gets no credit yet he was the most important part of the move.

He's not playing the Andy Carrol/Crouch/Heskey/Kevin Davies role of nodding down deep hoofs from full backs or stood up crosses from wingers, where only they can get it, to nod back it back to Kevin Nolan etc.

Oliviera has got decent presence and good first touch, plus decent ability finding space and striking it cleanly. I'd take him if we knew he isn't always a bit of a knob like he has been to Farke.

Back