• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Nixon is the originator of that Gallagher story I think, ignore him. Talks absolute shite.

Rhodes is absolutely lazy journalism. Wouldn't fit this system at all: he needs to be in a two man strike force with his partner doing all the hard work.

I'd argue Rhodes would be decent in this set up. Yes it's one central striker but it's not chasing balls into channels, it's receiving to feet or chest and being good enough to bring our midfield into play. He's a good player and would have similar attributes to Bonatini from what I've seen so far, i.e. decent touch back to goal, clever movement round the box and a cool finisher.

I have no idea if Wednesday are asking silly money but I believe he's one we'd like to play in this team. Doubt we'll get him this window though.

I don't think Rhodes hold up play is anywhere near good enough for this system. Good footballer but not in this system.

Hasn't Rhodes only just permanently signed for Sheff Wed? Why would they sell him and can we actually sign a player who has just moved?

Hasn't Rhodes only just permanently signed for Sheff Wed? Why would they sell him and can we actually sign a player who has just moved?

I think they have to play a game in a competitive league for the '2 clubs in a season' rule to count.

Essentially the deal was all done months ago for Rhodes, he's effectively been their player permanently since the January window closed - whether they had to do it as a loan just to get it in before the deadline I'm not sure, but they were definitely tied in to signing him and he was never going back to Boro. No restriction in terms of him being available to sign for someone else now.

I'm not sure why they'd sell him though, don't think they desperately need to raise funds and he started on Saturday.

A player can play for 2 different clubs on a Permanent basis per season. I thinkl Gladon was screwed last season as he had played in Holland, joined us and played so we couldn't sell him (well we could have but he would have been banned form playing)

A player can play for 2 different clubs on a Permanent basis per season. I thinkl Gladon was screwed last season as he had played in Holland, joined us and played so we couldn't sell him (well we could have but he would have been banned form playing)

We could have sent him back to Heracles, but nowhere else. For some reason they didn't want him back in January but they do want him now.

Doesn't seem like he'd fit the system too well. You can see what Nuno wants from a striker with the way Bonatini played on Saturday.

From pre season I guess we seem to have a pattern of play that is really nothing like we have had here like, ever. Possession, passing, pressing, coming short, triangles yet counterattacking in fast bursts. You can see why fitness is going to be key already. You do wonder how many goals we will score. We dont look a team thats going to average say 2 goals a game. I would also say we do look very , very solid defensively. The whole lot back there gives me far more confidence so far. There is still room for more improvement but I would strongly suggest that we have more chnace of acheiving our promotion ambitions with our current back three and Ruddy than we did with last season back four and Ikeme. We have upgraded. Its still good to watch and pleasing on the eye. Look at the 1-0 win against Middlebrough and compare it to the 1-0 against Rotherham not 6 months ago and you could not believe the contrast. Even the players who played that day have improved in new positions such as Coady. A striker who can hold the ball, link play and score his share will be top of the shopping list I am sure and I am positive we will see one come in. Dont be surprised if it is from Mendes stock either. It doesnt worry me in the slightest if we continue to bring the right level of quality here. This could be the season of the 1-0 to the Wolves. That may also mean we drop points as we havent scored enough to match our domination. But that happens. I would say I am very very pleased with the huge progress made so far and hope it continues. Everything is moving in the right direction. Its a results game though and we need to keep taking points.

Apparently they're selling him as he's "bottom of the pecking order" but, like Deutsch said, he played on Saturday.

I think we have the potential to score a lot of goals, we have flare players with a good work ethic and bags of skill, another decent striker in, some clean sheets and we'll be away. We won't be playing a team like Middlesbrough every week, so as confidence grows so will the goal tally. But there again I always have been an optimist at the start of the season, but this time it has a much more positive feel to it!

Arsenal used to have some good flare players too :)

ab6c6db1eae7d11aad28297460ae7d8c.jpg

If i don't get my hair cut regularly I'd look like like Frank Stapleton did then, now :)

Back