• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Have footballers always had a rubbish sense of style or was that just the 70s in general?

Recognise Rix and Stapleton but struggling with the other two. Can anyone help?

Have footballers always had a rubbish sense of style or was that just the 70s in general?

1970's in general - I used to wear suits like that & thought it the height of fashion (& have even longer hair as well which considering I worked in a Bank & some of the Managers had been born in the 1930's not surprised that they used to take exception)

I think you are right.

Graham Rix listed as 1.75 m Walford as 1.85 Stapleton listed as 1,83. The chap in this photo is clearly shorter than Stapleton so I dont think it is Walford unluss he played in heels. I dont really think its Rostron either but its closer to his height

Actually its a little known footballer called Trevor Ross and its a picture from 1977 before a match against Norwich. Ross lost his place in November that year to David Price. Then was sold to Everton. trevor ross.jpg

Regardless of who it is, that is easily the greatest suit in the history of ever :)

Arsenal used to have some good flare players too :)

ab6c6db1eae7d11aad28297460ae7d8c.jpg

If you tolerate Rix...........

I'd still like to see him and Bob Hazell in an Octagon

Oliveira stormed out of a meeting with Farke apparently. Only player to drop out of the 18 for City's game tonight.

Make it happen Jorge.

Absolutely. I'd have him in a heartbeat.

Back