• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Whys it a shit statistic - strikers are in prime position for assists. As mentioned, I wouldn't take Cameron Jerome, but he got 7 assists last year. We want a link man as well as a goal scorer - as the norwich fan says below, that's not olivera.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/9/3546440/ShowPost.aspx#3546440

"While Nelson scores more goals per min than Jerome he sets up basically nothing. No assists last season and very few key passes 7 compared to CJ's 41 (0.4 per 90 compared to 1.3 per 90).

While assists are not a great stat as they rely on the other player finishing, it is worth noting that CJ with 7 assists was only bettered by Hoolahan, who had 10, in the Norwich squad last season.

Personally I feel Nelson is the better striker, but he is far from a complete player and really needs to work on bringing other players into the game - his first instinct is always to shoot. That isn't the worst thing in a striker, but when he starts taking pot shots from 35 yards it can be very wasteful."

Sheffield United have bid for Coady according to the real O'Rourke. Can't see going anywhere.

Yeah, no chance of that happening now.

Whys it a shit statistic - strikers are in prime position for assists. As mentioned, I wouldn't take Cameron Jerome, but he got 7 assists last year. We want a link man as well as a goal scorer - as the norwich fan says below, that's not olivera.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/9/3546440/ShowPost.aspx#3546440

"While Nelson scores more goals per min than Jerome he sets up basically nothing. No assists last season and very few key passes 7 compared to CJ's 41 (0.4 per 90 compared to 1.3 per 90).

While assists are not a great stat as they rely on the other player finishing, it is worth noting that CJ with 7 assists was only bettered by Hoolahan, who had 10, in the Norwich squad last season.

Personally I feel Nelson is the better striker, but he is far from a complete player and really needs to work on bringing other players into the game - his first instinct is always to shoot. That isn't the worst thing in a striker, but when he starts taking pot shots from 35 yards it can be very wasteful."

It generally is a shit statistic for the reasons I said. Neves might not get many assists this year but he is CRUCIAL to the team.

Leo might not be playing as a STR like the others. He's either going to be deep "linking play" or "scoring goals". Neither go down in the assists column unless he's laying it off for someone to twat in from distance.

Diego Costa and Kane were top performing strikers with 7 in the team that cruised the league and the team that scored fuck loads. Zlatan only got 5.

Now obviously if he got zero, then it's low and strange. But how accurate are the facts.

I could tell you Edwards got zero, but I'd probs be wrong. He likely scuffed one against the post and someone tapped in the rebound. Norwich were also terrible last year

What fee would you put on Walker? He is top end of his position

25m- If Neves is 15m and Costa 13.5m
They both look a lot more realistic fees for the level of quality than 40 million Kyle! 38m Drinkwater made me choke too. Far Far to much money being thrown around. Forget the fact that we have billionaire pockets now we are still not taking the piss with the figures. Virgil Van Djick is next I suppose for about 50m and Coutinho for 100m. VD is worth about the same as Walker. Coutinho about 10 -15 more. Tops. Bloody ridiculous state of affairs.

It generally is a $#@! statistic for the reasons I said. Neves might not get many assists this year but he is CRUCIAL to the team.

Leo might not be playing as a STR like the others. He's either going to be deep "linking play" or "scoring goals". Neither go down in the assists column unless he's laying it off for someone to $#@! in from distance.

Diego Costa and Kane were top performing strikers with 7 in the team that cruised the league and the team that scored $#@! loads. Zlatan only got 5.

Now obviously if he got zero, then it's low and strange. But how accurate are the facts.

I could tell you Edwards got zero, but I'd probs be wrong. He likely scuffed one against the post and someone tapped in the rebound. Norwich were also terrible last year

Okay, so what has nuno said he wants from this striker? Someone who scores goals and links play. Oliver's can score goals, but cannot link play, therefore he would not be a good fit for nunos system...

It generally is a $#@! statistic for the reasons I said. Neves might not get many assists this year but he is CRUCIAL to the team.

Leo might not be playing as a STR like the others. He's either going to be deep "linking play" or "scoring goals". Neither go down in the assists column unless he's laying it off for someone to $#@! in from distance.

Diego Costa and Kane were top performing strikers with 7 in the team that cruised the league and the team that scored $#@! loads. Zlatan only got 5.

Okay, so what has nuno said he wants from this striker? Someone who scores goals and links play. Olivera can score goals, but cannot link play, therefore he would not be a good fit for nunos system...

Okay, so what has nuno said he wants from this striker? Someone who scores goals and links play. Olivera can score goals, but cannot link play, therefore he would not be a good fit for nunos system...

But I'm disagreeing with your opinion that he can't link play, or is certainly capable of it with the right instruction, coaching, management.

Oliveira can definitely link play. Where has the suggestion that he can't come from?

Norwich forums - they have a whole thread on him and how can do nothing except shoot...

Norwich forums - they have a whole thread on him and how can do nothing except shoot...

Different team, different playing style, different formation, different manager etc etc etc. Lots of factors to look at.

25m- If Neves is 15m and Costa 13.5m
They both look a lot more realistic fees for the level of quality than 40 million Kyle! 38m Drinkwater made me choke too. Far Far to much money being thrown around. Forget the fact that we have billionaire pockets now we are still not taking the piss with the figures. Virgil Van Djick is next I suppose for about 50m and Coutinho for 100m. VD is worth about the same as Walker. Coutinho about 10 -15 more. Tops. Bloody ridiculous state of affairs.

It's not just a flat figure saying 'x is worth y million' though, it depends on the necessity to sell, the urgency/ease for the selling club to find a replacement, the length of the remainder of the players contract, loyalty/other bonuses still pending on the player's contract as his current club, depreciation due the player's age etc etc.

Oliveira is an immense twat, I'm actually shocked that anyone here wants him. We shouldn't be touching him with a barge pole.

It's not just a flat figure saying 'x is worth y million' though, it depends on the necessity to sell, the urgency/ease for the selling club to find a replacement, the length of the remainder of the players contract, loyalty/other bonuses still pending on the player's contract as his current club, depreciation due the player's age etc etc.

Agreed- just trying to be simplistic. Please tell me how Drinkwater and Walker are worth 80m of anyones money? Spurs did not need to sell. Leciester do not need to sell. Southampton dont want to sell Van Djyck but I will put good money they will and soon. Neymar , well thats just obscene. If you work eveyday of your life and earn double the average wage in the UK you will work for 10 years to get the money he gets for 1 game. 1 game. That cannot be right in any profession, at any time , in any country when people in the world are starving

*Puts soapbox away now*

Oliveira is an immense twat, I'm actually shocked that anyone here wants him. We shouldn't be touching him with a barge pole.

*SKY SPORTS BREAKING NEWS*
Wolves cool interest in Nelson Oliveira after Alan (but you can call me Betty... USA USA USA USA) describes him as "an immense twat".

Oliveira is an immense $#@!, I'm actually shocked that anyone here wants him. We shouldn't be touching him with a barge pole.

giphy.gif

You are correct.

All I've seen of Oliveira is someone who wants to play, score goals and win. Most strikers are pretty selfish twats, its not necessarily a bad thing.

Back