• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I wouldn't take Rhodes, and I'm not as convinced on Oliveira as others are. I like the idea of a Jota-Cav-Costa front three in full flow. All three can interchanges positions (Bright too) and then we have Bonatini and Dicko as other options. Not that I think under Nuno this would happen but I also think a front three like that would stop any hint of a chance of us booting it long at any of those players. Cavaleiro has played as a striker before (was in team of tournament at u21 euros playing as a striker).

Cavaleiro is as tall as Okazaki (5'9'') and only one inch shorter than Vardy(5' 10"). It doesn't stop Leicester booting it long to them.

(Of course, they don't push up too far and hang about waiting for the ball to come).

Leicester are a direct team, it's what they do. I'd rather we have three proper footballers across the front three (I like Bonatini and think he fits this)

I'm not saying that I want Wolves to boot long balls and chase them, just that lack of is not a deterrent to those that wish to play such football.

I'd be happy with Oliveira. Although Newcastle are after a new striker so I reckon we could get Gayle if we wait.

Gayle would undoubtedly score lots of goals in this team but his hamstrings are fucked, I think.

we just need a goalscorer, poacher now really

we just need a goalscorer, poacher now really

I'm not so sure, I don't think that fits what we are trying to do. Our forward needs to be able to combine with those around him, and be able to receive with his back to goal.

I'm not so sure, I don't think that fits what we are trying to do. Our forward needs to be able to combine with those around him, and be able to receive with his back to goal.
Understand what youre saying but goals are goals..if we continue to be solid and not concede it wouldnt be much of a problem though

There is also the keeping all players happy element. Ignoring the likes of Batth, Edwards and unfortunately Dicko who I'm not fussed about the following outfield players didn't start yesterday; Marshall, Graham, Hause, Costa, Cav, Gibbs White, Vinegre, Ronan, Price, German Phil, all of whom I'd want in and around the 18.
We don't want to get to the stage whereby the squad becomes bloated and players we want to keep and see as important are regularly not making matchday 18's. One more forward is needed obviously, but having now seen what we have let's not get to the stage whereby pure squad numbers bring disharmony.

There is also the keeping all players happy element. Ignoring the likes of Batth, Edwards and unfortunately Dicko who I'm not fussed about the following outfield players didn't start yesterday; Marshall, Graham, Hause, Costa, Cav, Gibbs White, Vinegre, Ronan, Price, German Phil, all of whom I'd want in and around the 18.
We don't want to get to the stage whereby the squad becomes bloated and players we want to keep and see as important are regularly not making matchday 18's. One more forward is needed obviously, but having now seen what we have let's not get to the stage whereby pure squad numbers bring disharmony.

Agree, and also healthy to keep a pathway for the young players coming through. Samuels grabbed his chance in the Peterborough friendly and there are more coming through. We had an attacking midfielder called up to an England u15 camp a couple of weeks ago, and there are more coming through

Totally agree. At the moment we have Cav, Leo and Dicko for 1 position. The weak link is Dicko, but not the end of the World if he isn't replaced and becomes the third choice.

Agree (and part of me REALLY wants Nouha to come good). Jota, Bright and Costa could all fill that role adequately too

For me we need two more players - a top striker (story on Twitter last night that Cardiff had accepted our £16.5m bid for Zohore, who apparently murdered Terry yesterday) and another really good CM. We cannot expect Neves and Saiss to play every game and right now the gap between those two and Price/Edwards is way too big. Just another £15m out of the petty cash, Jeff...

For me we need two more players - a top striker (story on Twitter last night that Cardiff had accepted our £16.5m bid for Zohore, who apparently murdered Terry yesterday) and another really good CM. We cannot expect Neves and Saiss to play every game and right now the gap between those two and Price/Edwards is way too big. Just another £15m out of the petty cash, Jeff...

I think Ronan, Price and MGW will provide back up for Neves and Saiss. As TT says, no point getting players in if you're not going to play them. And as YW says we should be providing a pathway for the younger players too.

Zohore was filth yesterday in setting up Hoillet. Looks a proper player and as the adage goes, good feet for a big man.

I think Ronan, Price and MGW will provide back up for Neves and Saiss. As TT says, no point getting players in if you're not going to play them. And as YW says we should be providing a pathway for the younger players too.

Zohore was filth yesterday in setting up Hoillet. Looks a proper player and as the adage goes, good feet for a big man.

Agree on keeping the players happy - should have added that I wouldn't be at all surprised to see both Dicko and Edwards leave before the window closes. Mick must be itiching to sign Dangerous...

Its lovely to be named with decent enough players week in week out, however lets look practically on the rumours of Oliveria/Rhodes for example. How the fuck are we going to accommodate Bonatini and those two if they did come (Although we know its mostly bollocks) we only need an extra striker, as some above have mentioned Cav can easily play that roll and switch through games with Costa when fit and Jota.

We appear to have an abundance of riches up front, but in reality we are still short if we are serious about promotion this year. Ivan, Jota, Costa and Bright need a goalscorer to share the burden. Even if you consider that guy to be Bonatini, which I don't, we would still need cover. I think it's safe to say the days of panic buying strikers has gone and our main aim at the moment is making sure we bring in what we need, not what someone else doesn't.

Having another couple of strikers coming in or rumours coming in is pretty much overkill for me.

Cav up front, ya sweaty bastards

Back