• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Some well informed guys in Benfica forum say that Filipe Augusto will not stay in Benfica squad (i hope not) and Wolves is a possibility. He is a brazilian CM with portuguese passport i believe. He is Mendes player too.

Sounds just the type of player we need to compliment Neves.

Reports that Swansea City have rejected a bid from Wolves for defender Stephen Kingsley.

I quite like Kingsley. He can play across the back line (though I think he's more of a left sided player when we probably need another body on the right?).

That said, if Swansea want a ridiculous price for him - and looking at the state of some of the other transfers involving PL clubs, they probably do - then they can do one.

Filipe Augusto was part of my title winning Rio Ave team on FMM. Obviously, that means he would do well. (Filip Krovinović was the star of my team though.)

This is just getting silly now. Am I actually just dreaming all this actual buying of talented footballers?

Wolves Twitter

Wolves‏Verified account @Wolves 3m3 minutes ago
More
�� We are delighted to confirm the arrival of Diogo Jota on a season long loan from Atletico Madrid #WelcomeJota

Good post on Twitter: Saville swapped for Neves. Wallace swapped for Jota. EEL replaced by Miranda. Stears replaced by Boly. So who's going to replace Bod??

Just a striker and (I hope) another CM, and we'll be ready...

Good post on Twitter: Saville swapped for Neves. Wallace swapped for Jota. EEL replaced by Miranda. Stears replaced by Boly. So who's going to replace Bod??

They are ridiculous upgrades tbf.

I still think we'll need patience at the start of the season as I expect us to start slowly and then (hopefully) click into gear. I'm not expecting top 2 but I'll be very disappointed if we don't finish in the top 6.

I hope we don't see a divide between the Portuguese and the rest of the squad (as the Portuguese contingent seems to be growing by the day).

I watched a video Wolves put out yesterday where the players were sitting in groups of three & were answering questions about each other. Cavaleiro, Neves & Miranda were one group. Price, Coady & Mason another etc. It wouldn't have been hard for them to mix up a bit!

I know they will naturally stick with the members of the squad they are most comfortable with, as it's still very early days. But I hope as the season progresses, it doesn't cause us any issues.

One positive regards the Portuguese lads we have signed is all of their English seems pretty good.

I hope we don't see a divide between the Portuguese and the rest of the squad (as the Portuguese contingent seems to be growing by the day).

I watched a video Wolves put out yesterday where the players were sitting in groups of three & were answering questions about each other. Cavaleiro, Neves & Miranda were one group. Price, Coady & Mason another etc. It wouldn't have been hard for them to mix up a bit!

I know they will naturally stick with the members of the squad they are most comfortable with, as it's still very early days. But I hope as the season progresses, it doesn't cause us any issues.

One positive regards the Portuguese lads we have signed is all of their English seems pretty good.

As you say, it is only natural that the Portugese lads stick together to begin with. Whether it causes any issues depends on a number of things, not least how successful we are. If we are near the top of the league I don't think there will be any problems. But of course only time will tell.

With Boly, Ayeh, Bennett, Ruddy, Norris and Douglas not being Portuguese that's only 6 Portuguese lads in the whole squad (Costa, Cav, Neves, Miranda, Vinagre and Jota). It wouldn't have hurt to mix the new players in but I don't see it as much of a problem.

Everyone naturally has their "mates" in the squad, or "best mates". It's like any workplace - you don't have to like everyone, but you do have to work together.

I also noticed a divide within a divide, could be seeing something thats not there, however Mason wasnt as vocal as Coady and Price and seemed he didnt want to be there.

I also noticed a divide within a divide, could be seeing something thats not there, however Mason wasnt as vocal as Coady and Price and seemed he didnt want to be there.

Probably more to do with Mason knowing his time is up and its pretty pointless fighting for a spot. Where as Coady and Price have been given something to fight for.

We live in hope...

Back