• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I'd keep saiss as a lot of the foreign players tend to do much better second season, and Williamson as I think he's a good role model and can be kept on more of a pay as you play deal.

Ikeme' shit - I'm happy to make do with Burgoyne on the bench and get an emergency loan if the new keeper got injured. Coady and Saville are shit - they're not full backs defensively and can't cross, which is essential for the system we play. And don't even think about them playing midfield as they're even worse there.

As for edwards - I wouldn't mind him being around the squad if lambert used him in the games that suited him (i.e. Not games where the opposition stick nine behind the ball) but given he's not realised that so far I'd rather Dave be shipped out so we can't pick him.

I think Williamson would be a key retention, we look organised and keep clean sheets with him in the side. A solid centre half to build the team around.

I think Williamson would be a key retention, we look organised and keep clean sheets with him in the side. A solid centre half to build the team around.

I think I am right in saying he didnt have a bad injury record before the one he got just before joining us so he may be better next year for more games.

I think I am right in saying he didnt have a bad injury record before the one he got just before joining us so he may be better next year for more games.

Obviously a full pre season should have him back to his best, not sure when Wolves would open fresh talks over a new contract.

I don't know if you saw the game yesterday, but he looks gone to me. As with Rotherham if he gets exposed to pace he's not up to it. He does organise, but we should be looking for better, not keeping him on.

Yeah, he wasn't very good. One good tackle but otherwise his use of the ball was rubbish and he's so slow on the turn.

Yeah, he wasn't very good. One good tackle but otherwise his use of the ball was rubbish and he's so slow on the turn.
Yesterday he didn't have a great deal to do as Blackburn decided against attacking for 90 mins. His distribution though was woeful and if that had been Batth people would have insisted he was shot on the spot.

Just been having a look through our current squad and what we need to be challenging.

Would be happy with 6 signings this summer, as long as they are in the following areas and are significant upgrades on what we currently have.

Would be looking for a new Keeper, new LB, new Centre Back, new Centre Midfielder and new Striker all for the first XI. In addition another right-back - either as back up to Iorfa or somebody to go in front of him.

First XI would hopefully look something like this - New Keeper, Iorfa, New CB, Hause, New LB, Price, New CM, Costa, Cav, Marshall, New Str.

Rest of squad would then be - Ikeme, new RB, Batth, EEL, Deslandes, Gibbs-White, Saiss, Graham, Zyro, Weimann, Mason, Dicko.

23 first team players there with the likes of Ronan and Wilson around the squad.

Bright needs a season out on loan and the rest can do one for me.

Just been having a look through our current squad and what we need to be challenging.

Would be happy with 6 signings this summer, as long as they are in the following areas and are significant upgrades on what we currently have.

Would be looking for a new Keeper, new LB, new Centre Back, new Centre Midfielder and new Striker all for the first XI. In addition another right-back - either as back up to Iorfa or somebody to go in front of him.

First XI would hopefully look something like this - New Keeper, Iorfa, New CB, Hause, New LB, Price, New CM, Costa, Cav, Marshall, New Str.

Rest of squad would then be - Ikeme, new RB, Batth, EEL, Deslandes, Gibbs-White, Saiss, Graham, Zyro, Weimann, Mason, Dicko.

23 first team players there with the likes of Ronan and Wilson around the squad.

Bright needs a season out on loan and the rest can do one for me.

I'd agree with all of that but we need to ditch EEL, and I doubt we'll see Deslandes make it here.

I'd like us to have a serious look at Jack Ruddy in the keeper spot.
I'd like us to see if we can keep Silvio fit with a full preseason.
I'd like us to show our intention by keeping Costa and Cav and by signing some more real quality for the starting XI.
We live in hope...

I'd agree with all of that but we need to ditch EEL, and I doubt we'll see Deslandes make it here.

Included EEL as he's got his nice long contract (can't see him going anywhere) and as 4th choice centre-back think he would hopefully be a sub at best if we had an injury at the back.

Agree on Deslandes but don't see the point in signing 2 left-back options this summer (obviously in reality Doherty will still be part of the squad unfortunately)

Included EEL as he's got his nice long contract (can't see him going anywhere) and as 4th choice centre-back think he would hopefully be a sub at best if we had an injury at the back.

Agree on Deslandes but don't see the point in signing 2 left-back options this summer (obviously in reality Doherty will still be part of the squad unfortunately)

Sheffield Utd just spent 500k on Ched Evans. Let's hope the effects of the champagne haven't worn off yet. EEL is nowhere near good enough - if we don't sign Stearman permanently (which I don't want us to) then keeping someone here who is no better makes no sense to me.

I'd like us to have a serious look at Jack Ruddy in the keeper spot.
I'd like us to see if we can keep Silvio fit with a full preseason.
I'd like us to show our intention by keeping Costa and Cav and by signing some more real quality for the starting XI.
We live in hope...

No chance Darlo. I do agree with Ruddy and Silvio (take up his option) and then sign another LB as Silvio will be used as RB I would imagine as we find a new club for Conor Coady.

I don't disagree with Trips squad in the main and only a few change I would have:

New Keeper (Ward please), Iorfa, New CB, Hause, New LB, Saiss, New CM, Marshall, Cav, Graham, New Str.

Rest of squad would then be - Ruddy, Silvio, Batth, Gibbs-White, Price, Ronan, Zyro, Dicko and a sprinkling of Mendes magic.

The rest can go in the bin for me. Doherty, Edwards, Mason, Ikeme, Lonergan, Bod, Dicko, Coady and Saville. There's £150k a week off the wage bill right there (sadly including Costa).

I think our management of Bod the last couple of months has been poor. You can cleary see he is running on empty after 2 solid years of playing with no proper break. The key part to his game has gone as he has nothing left to give. He should have been told to pack his bags and enjoy a longer break.

I think our management of Bod the last couple of months has been poor. You can cleary see he is running on empty after 2 solid years of playing with no proper break. The key part to his game has gone as he has nothing left to give. He should have been told to pack his bags and enjoy a longer break.

Spot on - one of the things I always admired about Alex Ferguson's man management: sometimes he'd just pack a player off on holiday

Am I the only one who's about ready to call time on Iorfa, then?

If Jack Ruddy lives up to his hype then we might not sign a keeper as him and Ikeme could be our 2 I guess.

Costa will be gone, I'm sure it's no coincidence that he's been injured for the last few games - no point risking him if he's got a move lined up. Cav will stay I think as I don't think he's done enough to warrant someone paying enough to sign him.

Silvio is an odd one, he's clearly decent but how long was he out for with a broken foot? That sounds like a few weeks injury not a few months. He just misses too much football to make him worthwhile.

I'd hope we'd be looking at people like Tarkowski, Assombalonga and Abraham and I'd still like us to get a couple more coaches on board to shake up our stale backroom staff but I'm not confident any of that will happen

Back