• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

We need an organizer and leader in defence like Jody Craddock.. Maybe Williamson for a year if not glass legs.. Otherwise get an experienced good one in and a younger talent to develop next to him..

Agree with Fred I would be keeping Williamson for another year. He's better than what we have and great back up if another CB comes in. Time for Batth to move on he's nowhere near good enough for a promotion push.

Hause, Williamson, new CB possibly Stears is more than enough. With better fullbacks supporting them we will be miles better.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

From what Lambert has said plus just general gut feeling I expect us to sign a left back, centre back, striker and a Mendes replacement for Costa. We will still be piss weak in midfield and Dave Edwards/Danny Batth will still play every game. I have a horrible feeling that we'll be 15th again by November and Lambert will get the boot and we'll start the whole process over again. Hopefully I'm wrong.

We'll get a keeper as well. Either that or select a STH at random to replace Lonergan.

From what Lambert has said plus just general gut feeling I expect us to sign a left back, centre back, striker and a Mendes replacement for Costa. We will still be piss weak in midfield and Dave Edwards/Danny Batth will still play every game. I have a horrible feeling that we'll be 15th again by November and Lambert will get the boot and we'll start the whole process over again. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Sadly I think you're right. Thelwell will go to but the damage will have been done by then.

I don't think Thelwell will go. Agree about the keeper btw langers, surely Burgoyne or Ruddy have to play the rest of this season.

I don't think Thelwell will go. Agree about the keeper btw langers, surely Burgoyne or Ruddy have to play the rest of this season.

Thelwell will have to go if Lambert is 15th in November and the team hasn't improved as Lambert and the recruitment would be on his head.

I really don't want it to happen but it looks like it will unless the address the style of play and a shocking midfield.

Thelwell will have to go if Lambert is 15th in November and the team hasn't improved as Lambert and the recruitment would be on his head.

I really don't want it to happen but it looks like it will unless the address the style of play and a shocking midfield.

Its possibly more basic than that, we have to start signing players who can pass the ball consistently well. Yesterdays quality was Division One standard. We are seemingly five or six players short within the first eleven starters with many players criminally incapable of passing to the same coloured shirt.

I don't expect that to change this summer LK with the current bumbling arsehats in charge.

Last close season I stated that Andy Lonergan was a tidy keeper based on what I had seen on telly and live for Preston and Leeds. May I publicly apologise for raising your hopes. He has been poor.

No need to apologise Cyber, i don't think anyone raised their hopes as the rest of us knew he was shit.......

We've been pretty gifted with good keepers over the years. Lonergan must rate towards the bottom of those that have played regularly(ish). I'm struggling to think of a poorer keeper in my lifetime. Jones or Postma close contenders.

Postma was way better than him. Kicking was probably equally as poor but everything else was passable with him. Bar pulling off the occasional good save (when it's often his fault in the first place for showing zero command) Lonergan has no positives to his game.

As mentioned on the Hudds thread I'd say Hansbury and Beasant were just about worse, but they were stopgap loans. Lonergan is worse than Tony Lange.

Jones second time round was the worst permanent keeper we've had in my time.

My final game of the season yesterday, so my take on the squad excluding Development players and ignoring whether with their contract situations we could get rid:
Keep
Ikeme, Coady, Saville, Marshall, Batth, Iorfa, Hause, Edwards, Cav, Costa, Zyro, Graham, Dicko, Prince, Ronan, MGW, Evans, Weimann, Wilson
Go
Lonergan, Stearman, Williamson, Henry, EEL, Doherty, Silvio, Price, Saiss, Bright (season loan), Mason, Gladon, Bod, Burgoyne (season loan), Wallace, Borthwick Jackson.
Sign all to start
Keeper
Left Back
Centre half
Centre Mid who is mobile can pass the ball
Centre Forward
Costa replacement if necessary
Team
New
Iorfa New Hause New
New Ronan
Cav
Marshall New Costa/New

I don't in reality expect 5/6 new starters though

Disagree on keeping ikeme, saville, coady and Edwards. They've all been shite for this and last season and are never going to improve to the required level.

I could cope with one of coady or Saville being a squad player but that's it.

Disagree on keeping ikeme, saville, coady and Edwards. They've all been $#@!e for this and last season and are never going to improve to the required level.

I could cope with one of coady or Saville being a squad player but that's it.
You have to be realistic though, if you ditch all those in addition to the others in my list, we'll be short on depth. None of them would be in my starting 11. Ikeme is a good back up keeper, Coady and Saville have shown versatility and Edwards on the bench would be OK, he's popular in the dressing room and isn't going to kick off if not in the team

Back