• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I thought Dresden pretty unequivocally ruled out Heise leaving?

They are trying to be difficult but if Heise wants to leave I imagine it will happen eventually..

I think Fosun/Nuno have earned a little faith & trust after the rebuild they've done so far along with the way we've been playing pre-season (against champions league teams)

Bolton have signed Adam Armstrong on loan. Did well in u20 world cup and is a talented player, I wouldn't have minded him,

Gallagher is decent though and I know we've been interested in him for a while. Think I'd still want another forward if he came in on loan. Greedy I know..

Being greedy too, I'd still like a more high profile signing up front. Someone with some pedigree who we can convince to join our "project".

Unfortunately my suggestion of Joselu from Stoke got lost amongst SLB's drivel the other day.

Armstrong is a bit L1 for my tastes. Lightweight as fuck too.

Being greedy too, I'd still like a more high profile signing up front. Someone with some pedigree who we can convince to join our "project".

Unfortunately my suggestion of Joselu from Stoke got lost amongst SLB's drivel the other day.

I don't think Joselu is that good to be honest. He scores a few goals but never been convinced and i reckon Gallagher would score more than him. Not that i'm sold on Gallagher either, good player but whether he would be suited to being the central 1 in a 3 i'm not sure.

It wouldn't be just Gallagher in. Two forwards, Gallagher can play off the right too while Costa is out. But like I say plenty want him, he and Southampton have to weigh up who'd be best for his development.

I wouldn't have Gallagher anywhere near playing off the right, he's an out and out striker for me. You don't see many 6ft 4 lads playing off the right for a reason.

I wouldn't have Gallagher anywhere near playing off the right, he's an out and out striker for me. You don't see many 6ft 4 lads playing off the right for a reason.

Agreed.

The same argument was used with Bod, I think he'd have been awful on the right.

Not over enamoured with Gallagher. As Del says I'd want better than him and better than Dicko and Dicko looks a beast. I think our youth players will be more than adequate as third and 4th choices.

Agreed.

The same argument was used with Bod, I think he'd have been awful on the right.

Yeah i just don't see it. Look at the qualities Costa, Cav, have and Gallagher/Bod do not have those qualities. We've got others that would be able to play that role like Bright, Graham etc..

Some big lads can do it. Arny for example. It's rare though

Some big lads can do it. Arny for example. It's rare though

But if you look at Arny his main qualities are his technique and the control of the football. He's not like a typical big man and as you say that's really rare.

No way we'd have let Bod go if there wasn't an imminent arrival.

You wouldn't revamp all the keepers, the entire defence, spend a record fee on a central midfielder and then decide "nah, we don't need a striker even though none of our current lot managed more than 5 goals last season".

If we don't sign a forward then you have my permission to change my username to Deano And Seyi's Lovechild.

I am not doubting you Dan, I just cannot understand the delay in bringing in a striker, unless we are going to make a loan signing. But given our finances, why should we rely on loaning players. It just seems strange that we are a few weeks away from the first game of the season and Dicko is our only centre forward.

Back