• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

The Ojo transfer is ridiculous on so many levels. The price, the player, the fact that Newcastle already bought Atsu who is another player that can run and dribble and nothing else...

Ojo can run? News to me.

I'm not sure it's going to happen as they're apparently close to signing Jacob Murphy. I wouldn't have wanted Ojo back here for £500k, he's shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if we signed a striker on Thursday or Friday this week when the players are back. Why are you so impatient?

I am not impatient, I just thought we would have had our main signings in before the pre season games. As long as we get someone then that is fine. My concern is that the club may not be in the market for a striker.

He played 33 times for Forest last season and scored 14 times. Seems to me he had a serious injury but has come back from it pretty well considering. Certainly better than Dicko has comeback from his.

I see your point re serious injury but he actually returned from that in April 2016 in the 1-1 against us. He got a thunderous welcome that day...

He'd have then had last pre-season and scored in 2 of their first 5 last season, it would seem he has then suffered subsequent injuries.

I would have liked Assombalonga here but any more than £7m is too much given his injury record. Certainly wouldn't want us to chuck 14 on him

I am not impatient, I just thought we would have had our main signings in before the pre season games. As long as we get someone then that is fine. My concern is that the club may not be in the market for a striker.

No way we'd have let Bod go if there wasn't an imminent arrival.

You wouldn't revamp all the keepers, the entire defence, spend a record fee on a central midfielder and then decide "nah, we don't need a striker even though none of our current lot managed more than 5 goals last season".

If we don't sign a forward then you have my permission to change my username to Deano And Seyi's Lovechild.

I will be amazed if we aren't Frank. It would make zero sense to go in with just Dicko (not counting Mason).

If we're playing this 3-4-2-1 come regular season, then the likes of Cav, Costa, Zyro, et al are strikers.

Ironically, this formation would have suited Weimann to a T.

If we're playing this 3-4-2-1 come regular season, then the likes of Cav, Costa, Zyro, et al are strikers.

Ironically, this formation would have suited Weimann to a T.

The two (Costa, Cav, Zyro, Graham, Marshall) play behind a central striker, like Hazard, Willian and Pedro. So far that 1 has been Dicko and Bright. Bright isn't good enough for that role so we need a figurehead. Personally I think Wilson and Ennis can play that role and I'm surprised one of them hasn't gone to Austria.

I don't think Weimann is good enough on the ball for the central role but I agree it would suit him better than Bright.

It wouldn't surprise me if Assombalonga scored 20 goals for Boro and got them up, equally it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't play 20 games. It's about £2m more than they got for Rhodes from Wednesday if they can keep him fit he's a far superior player.

If we don't sign a forward then you have my permission to change my username to Deano And Seyi's Lovechild.

I'm now well up for using Dicko as our main forward ably supported by Ennis and Wilson as back up ;)

Ojo can run? News to me.

I'm not sure it's going to happen as they're apparently close to signing Jacob Murphy. I wouldn't have wanted Ojo back here for £500k, he's $#@!.

Murphys not much better except a decent shot - no football brain whatsoever...

Beeb are reporting Boro in for Assombalonga at £14m(!!!)

No thank you at that price

Guaranteed to score a hatrick against us on opening day then.

A generally reliable chap on Twitter has posted that he has it from a "trusted source" that two new players have been at Compton today...

No way we'd have let Bod go if there wasn't an imminent arrival.

You wouldn't revamp all the keepers, the entire defence, spend a record fee on a central midfielder and then decide "nah, we don't need a striker even though none of our current lot managed more than 5 goals last season".

I will be amazed if we aren't Frank. It would make zero sense to go in with just Dicko (not counting Mason).

Deutsch's post has it spot on - Bod wouldn't have gone if we weren't advanced with a replacement (not that he would have suited the pattern of play Nuno seems to be adopting.)

& no you can't count Mason - really not sure what sort of footballer he is

Guaranteed to score a hatrick against us on opening day then.

A generally reliable chap on Twitter has posted that he has it from a "trusted source" that two new players have been at Compton today...

Got a link Jinkerbelle?

If that's true you'd imagine one of them will be Philip Heise. The other one a striker?

Back