• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Zyro will be the main man - gonna see what odds are offered 20+ goals in the league this season!!!

I am not doubting you Dan, I just cannot understand the delay in bringing in a striker, unless we are going to make a loan signing. But given our finances, why should we rely on loaning players. It just seems strange that we are a few weeks away from the first game of the season and Dicko is our only centre forward.

It's mid July. It's really not a 'delay'.

I am not doubting you Dan, I just cannot understand the delay in bringing in a striker, unless we are going to make a loan signing. But given our finances, why should we rely on loaning players. It just seems strange that we are a few weeks away from the first game of the season and Dicko is our only centre forward.

They must have forgotten about strikers

Would it not have been better to get a centre forward in who could take part in pre season games?

Yes. It would have been ideal if we bought everyone we needed on June 1st and sold everyone surplus to requirements on June 2nd. But that's not how the transfer window works. Just be patient.

Would it not have been better to get a centre forward in who could take part in pre season games?

Maybe Nuno wanted to give Dicko and Bright a chance to be the main 2. Maybe strikers have been difficult to buy. Maybe they're imminent.

Yes. It would have been ideal if we bought everyone we needed on June 1st and sold everyone surplus to requirements on June 2nd. But that's not how the transfer window works. Just be patient.

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't expecting all our transfer business to be concluded in the early days of June, I just think we look a bit threadbare in the striking department.

It's worse than threadbare. But then a week or so ago we had one keeper with a life threatening disease, one keeper with biscuits for hands and some young kids who aren't ready. Now we have two keepers.

Thank you for your reply. I wasn't expecting all our transfer business to be concluded in the early days of June, I just think we look a bit threadbare in the striking department.

I agree. But there's plenty of time yet.

[Not having a go] could be a number of reasons why a striker is taking longer to get in. Could just be our number 1 target we are not offering what the selling club want or they can't sell until they have a replacement lined up or we are doing battle with a number of clubs for their signature. Also loan deals are fine and sometimes can speed up a transfer and are not always a cheaper option. Take Boly, he is on loan but we will have paid a hefty fee plus his wages and agreed a fee should we go up.
The selling of Bod would indicate we are close to sorting something out.

It's the same every window. The order in which transfers happen doesn't equate to their priority.

Gallagher would be OK but, he should go to a team where he'd play every week. A fit Dicko, if he is exists is better than him. He scored a good goal against us away, but wasn't in the slightest big interested at home.

Jeez, calm down Kenny.

I think you would have every right to be concerned if we were at the end of the window. I share your hope that new strikers are arriving, and that they are doing so soon.

Seems very little point in completely rebuilding the house walls and forgetting to put the roof on.

This is ridiculous, the order in which players are signed does not matter.

If Fosun / Nuno had spent all summer chasing strikers but didn't sign anyone else they'd be rightly lambasted.

The amount of rebuilding already done makes us significantly better than last season - by a very long way. We should be grateful if the good work already done rather than pant wetting that we might not sign a striker.

Well, it looks like one of those mystery players is another goalie (assuming this "pedroogoncalves" with Braga in his bio is the same José Pedro Gonçalves Costa who used to play for Braga B): https://www.instagram.com/p/BWp-IzjDToS/?taken-by=pedroogoncalves10

EDIT: No, wait, he can't be that guy - his other pics show him playing an outfield role. No idea who this guy is, but clearly he's signed.

Someone says he is a forward on that link

Back