• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

There's got to be two lined up if he $#@!s off because it just leaves Dicko.
I think we're forgetting that we have the Duck 🦆

Also could mean Ennis is now viewed as proper first teamer, and perhaps yesterday was evidence that Nuno sees Bright as a #9.

Nah. Definitely a high profile striker going to be coming in thats for sure.

Bit of lump, I thought?

He's decent enough at this level. And a Mendes client.

Personally I'd want better.

Moussa Marega is the one to watch for.

Oliveira is supposed to be going to Reading, but if they are signing Bod then maybe it's us instead. Not for me, would be a disappointing Mendes signing. Also not the man to play the central role in a 343

Even if we do sign Oliveira I doubt he'll be the only striker coming in.

Oliveira wouldn't have been my first choice - or my 4th or 5th. He's always struck me as a bit moody/petulant. But 20 goals in 56 games over last two seasons is fair enough - certainly better than Bod. Assombalonga has 30 in 65 for Forest so better, but I don't think Oliveira took penalties as much as BA did

I don't know much about oliveira but the stats alone suggest he's an upgrade on JDB.

JDB is a different type of forward to what we need.

Ahhh... Oliveira...the eternal promise. There was never a guy from the academy as hyped as him. Could have been a star but he lacks commitment to pro football.

I don't know much about oliveira but the stats alone suggest he's an upgrade on JDB.

JDB is a different type of forward to what we need.

True. We need a forward who scores. Which is a shame as I like Bod as an all round player

Ahhh... Oliveira...the eternal promise. There was never a guy from the academy as hyped as him. Could have been a star but he lacks commitment to pro football.

Sounds like he'd have got on well with some of our players from the last Premiership squad.

Oliveira fills me with meh.

15 goals in 27 last year is impressive but it also means he missed a third of the season through poor form/injuries.

His previous seasonal high is 9, at Forest.

I'd rather spend an extra couple of million on something better tbh.

Oliveira scored a lot prior to Christmas if I recall correctly, think he then got injured. Norwich were a bit of a mess last season at times but did score a lot of goals. I'm surprised its taken this long for us to be interested or reported to be, what with the obvious connections and all that.

Turning out to be one of the great contract extensions. Give someone who has never looked good enough a three and a half year deal when they aren't even close to being out of contract. Then have them out on loan for two years at a level we never want to play at again.

He can make up for that by relegating them.

Decent signing for them, but that's definitely his level. Telling that he couldn't find a place at a lower Championship team, or that Sheffield United didn't want to take him back.

Back