• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I dunno but they seem to have made a lot of effort over it!

Its not him because I follow the real one, double checked to make sure.

Never in a million years does Quaresma get sold for 5m.

I dont see Quaresma at this age giving another try at English football. Guy is enjoying too much his golden retirement in turkey. I would say next step for him is probably MLS or Dubai.

Aboubakar scored for porto yesterday on a friendly match against the Dumpster. He claims to be delighted to be back. If he does as well as he did last time i will be delighted too. :)

But the big news of the day: today i opened my window and the air felt more pure. Why? On the last few days we decided it was time to stop bending over and pulled our pants back up. Ladies and gentleman we refused to pay 15M and 10M for Mendes boys Danilo and André Moreira. It was the first time since i can remember we cut the rope to Mendes. But it gets better: Mendes, probably as furious as he could be, grabbed André Moreira and put it on Braga the very same afternoon. Could this and the recent Porto aproach (with Neves transfer) mean we are close to get rid of our demons? Well, unlikely, cause as i speak Mendes and our chairman are touring Italy, knocking doors trying to sell Nelson Semedo. But its some baby steps and im happy with them. Now time to enjoy this long due fresh air.

Another Xenophobic pile of shite journalism, local and national press are desperate for us to fail just to say told you so.
No doubt when WM coverage kick starts in a few weeks they'll tow the same party line.
Really wouldn't listen to Fielding claims to know what he's talking about when reality he knows no more than anyone else.

It's neither xenephobic nor Racist to point out that young English players are being starved of opportunities by the influx of foreign players.

The england u19's are in the final of the euro's, the u20's won the World cup, the u21's lost on pens in the semi finals. Thats a great summer for the England junior teams yet we know very few of them will get club opportunities because of the number of foreigners playing in our league.

We have the lowest number of players eligible for the national team of all the major leagues.

It's not just us, it's evey club in England thats the problem.

As soon as brexit is done any transfer involving someone not eligible to play for england should be charged a levy of 30% that money can then be uses to increase our grass roots coaches to levels of Germany and Spain.

It's neither xenephobic nor Racist to point out that young English players are being starved of opportunities by the influx of foreign players.

The england u19's are in the final of the euro's, the u20's won the World cup, the u21's lost on pens in the semi finals. Thats a great summer for the England junior teams yet we know very few of them will get club opportunities because of the number of foreigners playing in our league.

We have the lowest number of players eligible for the national team of all the major leagues.

As soon as brexit is done any transfer involving someone not eligible to play for england should be charged a levy of 30% that money can then be uses to increase our grass roots coaches to levels of Germany and Spain.

Totally agree with your comments, but as a supporter do you want a team comprised mainly of (young) English players who hover around lower mid table, or bringing in foreigners who may take us up into the Premier ?

Totally agree with your comments, but as a supporter do you want a team comprised mainly of (young) English players who hover around lower mid table, or bringing in foreigners who may take us up into the Premier ?

Is it that simple?
Presently German and Spanish clubs are out performing us in europe yet are made up of mainly home players with a few top class foreigners.

One if the lower age group games i saw the entire back 4 had played champions league and 2 of them had played qtr final champions league. Our players were at least as good if not better yet none of them had played prem league let alone champions league. Our younger players have shown they are as good as any other countries players in the world, yet none are getting any opportunities to play and develop.
Some of it has to be labelled at the payers for chasing the money with Utd, chelsea etc instead of working hard at a smaller club.

I really want Spurs to win the league just like I wanted beckhams utd team to win it.it

There are a lot of bang average foreign players getting time that could be taken up by English players in the PL, of that there's no doubt. But then on the flipside, when it costs you £10m to buy Jack Cork, it's no wonder clubs shop abroad.

The england u19's are in the final of the euro's the u20's won the World cup, the u21's lost on pens in the semi finals. Thats a great summer for the England junior teams yet we know very few of them will get club opportunities because of the number of foreigners playing in our league.

Bad luck with the opponent :)
Too many Benfica academy guys there!

There are a lot of bang average foreign players getting time that could be taken up by English players in the PL, of that there's no doubt. But then on the flipside, when it costs you £10m to buy Jack Cork, it's no wonder clubs shop abroad.
No disagreement there mate. Thats why a levy on transfers of players not eligible for England would reduce that impact.

Bad luck with the opponent :)
Too many Benfica academy guys there!

Ahh but you are probably not aware that the ex-wolf Keith "Psycho" Downing is in charge of the England Under 19's. If his side perform in a manner that is anywhere near how Psycho used to play the young Benfica academy guys won't know whats hit them.

Ahh but you are probably not aware that the ex-wolf Keith "Psycho" Downing is in charge of the England Under 19's. If his side perform in a manner that is anywhere near how Psycho used to play the young Benfica academy guys won't know whats hit them.
I had the shock of my life when i saw him on the touchline
Must have ben the Ashworth influence, he did a great job at the al***n looks like he is starting at the bottom with England and improving the younger teams \ players in the hope it ends up improving the senior squad.

Really enjoying watching them, it's better than watching the senior team, hopefully they will push thw seniors on.

Talking to the fans in glasgow before the Scotland game too a man they were pissed off big Sam was sacked they all said the players would have given there all in every game they were not sure about that under Southgate. They did all say how well he did with the U21 so thought he was the right choice once they had sacked Allardyce

Wonder when some meaningful links/rumours to a centre forward will surface. After the busy last couple of weeks & with the lads out in Austria (including Jeff), things seem to have settled down a bit.

I think Nash was probably right - we're waiting for the carousel to get going in the Premier League so we can start approaching teams to buy or loan their leftovers.

Back