• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

And we'd still have a shit national team.

How many players have had there progression stopped and ended up down the pyramid because of 2nd rate foreign players blocking their path.
How many times have England had a bad performace because the players were unable to handle the pressure as they have not played in enough of the top games.

Maybe the answer is none,
Do w give our national team enough chances to do something the answer to that is absolutely not.

Other nations do.not have so many cheap imports

I wouldn't deny English players find it harder to break into first teams especially in the top 2 divisions.
But Wolves as a club especially in recent years can't be accused of neglect over youth players.
In the last 4 seasons at least we've given countless academy players a chance in the first team.
Plus just because we've spent big doesn't mean we'll be binning the youth system, what will happen only those of real quality will make it to first team level and rightly so.
Reason why a lot of players end up being released by PL clubs to the lower leagues is simply because that's there suited level.
But as many have said an English only needs one solid PL season and he has £10 million price tag on his head.

Wolves isn't exactly feeding the national team and hasn't really contributed in decades. I get enough of this bullshit safe space v. economic anxiety talk back home. Can we not do this here?

We're after Eunan O'Kane according to (the real) Pete O'Rourke.

Hmm. I'd much, much rather give Ronan the exposure than sign him. He's a tidy little player, more offensive than a Price/Evans, but I'm not convinced he'd be anything more than they are in terms of their role within the squad.

We're after Eunan O'Kane according to (the real) Pete O'Rourke.

Definitely an upgrade on Evans. Some of that Championship experience we were after. Maybe being signed as backup to Neves, perhaps, rather than for the one of the front three slots?

He's a good wee footballer, O'Kane. I'd be happy with that.

Not enthused by the prospect of O'Kane at all, if I'm honest. He's got bags of experience, but I'd rather give Ronan the exposure.

It's an area we badly need to strengthen. It won't mean Ronan doesn't get his chance but we need extra quality in there and he's not going to play every game. Strength in depth - I'd be happy if we signed him.

"Derby County have made a bid worth in the region of £4m for Leicester City midfielder Matty James."

https://t.co/1pzhcWlRY2

We should be all over that. Excellent player at this level and would be perfect alongside Neves.

Leeds fans seem to think they've had a bid accepted for Iorfa.

A lot of our players by the look of it. Bonus, they'll finish 15th.

I hope we keep Iorfa for at least the season. If he's still pants let him go after

Sadly I think it might be the case that Iorfa needs a fresh start it happens sometimes, potentially a cracking player there and would really suit wingbacks IMO but he's clearly not going to be involved. Shame we can't give them Doc instead, we could do a half price deal or maybe even BOGOF....

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think there is every possibility he will be involved. Leeds would have to give us a LOT of millions.

Bodvarsson on the verge of joining Reading according to Spiers.

There's got to be two lined up if he fucks off because it just leaves Dicko.

Nelson Semedo for Barcelona.

110M on sales this window and counting.

Back