• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

What a difference a week makes. I am stunned at the level of signings made and now do believe that Fosun are serious.

Add Ruddy and that will be great business.

Impressive moves. Hope a class striker is next. Keep it up Nuno and Fosun. Thank You.

Just in case Nuno wants to play 4-4-2, I'd buy Afobe AND Aboubakar. Just to make sure!

Here's a question - Does a Neves/Saiss pairing enable us to play 4-4-2 with any confidence now?

lol. me too. what are we turning into.

Just in case Nuno wants to play 4-4-2, I'd buy Afobe AND Aboubakar. Just to make sure!

Here's a question - Does a Neves/Saiss pairing enable us to play 4-4-2 with any confidence now?
Yes please! Graham and Costa on the wing would be a cracking midfield.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Nah, we can't take our own sell-on fee :icon_lol: Sadly. They're normally on profit too. So if Bournemouth somehow wangled £15m out of say, Watford, we'd get 10% of £5m. Not £15m.

Bournemouth might still owe us some money that we could write off I suppose. Ultimately they've bought what has turned out to be a bit of a dud - and we're offering them a full refund. In any other industry you'd jump at the chance.

Bit harsh to refer to him as a "dud".

He still scored 10 goals in 40 odd games for them (that's half the amount he scored for Wolves in roughly the same amount of games), except it was at a higher level and mainly from substitute appearances.

He's never really been given an opportunity at Bournemouth to have a decent run in the side. Hopefully their loss will be our gain because with our creative midfielders he could score 30 goals in this league next season.

People always seem to miss it but scoring 10 goals-13 goals in a season in the prem for a lower half time is a actually a very good return and has been for the last 15 seasons or so, you get the occasional outlier to that, however glance back over the top scorers charts for the last 5 seasons for the sides that are 8th and below and you will spot my point. Afobe has fallen short of that obviously but is roughly at that ratio and never really established himself but has shown he could do it in that league.

There was a lot of truth in what Paul Gladon said about Wolves that the system of play had little foundation which then resulted in far to much long ball.
Whats been evident within the ranks of continental coaches coming to England is the way they coach the back six as much or more than the front six. We can't now expect regimented lines in formation but flexible players who move through lines. In that respect how Nuno uses Miranda could enable midfield players higher field positions whenever possible.

I'm afraid Afobe's record in the top flight simply doesn't stack up. He started well for Bournemouth - three goals in as many games just after he joined - but finished 2015/16 on a run of 1 in 11 appearances. Followed that up with no goals in his opening 10 league games of the following season (as well as a couple of blanks in the League Cup), went over a month at one stage without getting a single minute of action in the league (wasn't injured either, just not picked) and ended up with six goals which frankly, is pretty paltry.

He was a major signing for them and now, 18 months or so later, he's probably fourth choice when everyone is fit, no-one would say that he has proven he can do it in the PL, in my book that is a flop. Do £10m strikers often go on a sequence of one goal in 23 appearances and get away with it? You wouldn't write him off for good at that level but really Bournemouth have no right to be demanding an increase on what they paid. Well they can ask, but no-one is going to pay it.

Personally I think many players relishes the challange of getting promoted to the PL..also, big signings usually attract more big players

With the money on offer to Wolves would signing Afobe at £10 million just to get us up be a bad thing. ?

I'm afraid Afobe's record in the top flight simply doesn't stack up. He started well for Bournemouth - three goals in as many games just after he joined - but finished 2015/16 on a run of 1 in 11 appearances. Followed that up with no goals in his opening 10 league games of the following season (as well as a couple of blanks in the League Cup), went over a month at one stage without getting a single minute of action in the league (wasn't injured either, just not picked) and ended up with six goals which frankly, is pretty paltry.

He was a major signing for them and now, 18 months or so later, he's probably fourth choice when everyone is fit, no-one would say that he has proven he can do it in the PL, in my book that is a flop. Do £10m strikers often go on a sequence of one goal in 23 appearances and get away with it? You wouldn't write him off for good at that level but really Bournemouth have no right to be demanding an increase on what they paid. Well they can ask, but no-one is going to pay it.

I suspect and hope that's the club's position too.

He'd almost certainly do very well here, probably better than last time but he'd most likely end up in that bracket of too good for champ but not quite good enough for the prem

With the money on offer to Wolves would signing Afobe at £10 million just to get us up be a bad thing. ?

It's the principle for me, just because we have access to cash doesn't mean we should pay over the odds

It's the principle for me, just because we have access to cash doesn't mean we should pay over the odds
Nope Dan hit the nail on the head above regarding not hitting the heights of the fee, hence why anything over the price we sold him would be silly.

Now being connected with Sam Gallagher on loan, again.

Hard for us to compete with Swansea right now.

No talk of Sako which is surprising!

*I meant generally and not as a striker*

Sako isn't really the 20+ goal striker we need. We're alright in the wide positions.

Sako isn't really the 20+ goal striker we need. We're alright in the wide positions.

I'd have him back if the rumors about Graham hold any water.

Some people are saying/wildly speculating that he isn't going to Austria. This fuels more wild speculation that he's had a bust up with Nuno (because why not). There was also a half-cocked rumour over the road a few weeks back that he was going to Forest.

I don't think he's going to leave.

Back