• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

There is no way Aboubakar moves to Wolves. He would reject it. Only has one year left in contract.

There is no way Aboubakar moves to Wolves. He would reject it. Only has one year left in contract.
Why would he reject it, exactly? We already know that Besiktas can't afford him and that he doesn't want to play for Porto again.

Because he is surely going to a decent top euro qualified team and would fly into their side

I've already written him off based on one horrific Confederations Cup showing. Looked like a Frank Nouble/Kevin Kyle hybrid.

I agree with you. Other than a stupid tweet from an utter cockring there's been nothing credible anywhere else.

Apparently put a £10m bid in for Afobe.
Right price. Give them their money back for a failure (in relative terms) who won't get PL interest and isn't going to play. Let's hope they see sense.

Be worth that just for the social media meltdown with our fans tbh

Apparently put a £10m bid in for Afobe.

Any credible source on this or just twitter murmurings? Would be a good move in my eyes.

Aboubakar doesn't have a particularly good record (albeit at a much higher standard than us) but I've never seen him play

lots of people posting about it on twitter but seems like rumours to me, unless you heard from somewhere else Craig?

Aboubakar was a FM sensation a few years back. Big strong pacy striker who could finish. The real life version I've seen hasn't lived up to that hype but he would probably be handy in the championship

I dont think I've been as excited for a season since we won the third division in 1988.

Having to bite my tongue about the shirt stance so I might as well do the same about Afobe I guess.

lots of people posting about it on twitter but seems like rumours to me, unless you heard from somewhere else Craig?

I know the guy who's mentioned the fee on Twitter and he knows a few people around the club.

We wouldn't have sold Afobe without a sell on clause, if we bid £10m do we for instance only pay 8m if we have a 20% sell on? Is this a clever way to get a good striker for less than market value?

Nah, we can't take our own sell-on fee :icon_lol: Sadly. They're normally on profit too. So if Bournemouth somehow wangled £15m out of say, Watford, we'd get 10% of £5m. Not £15m.

Bournemouth might still owe us some money that we could write off I suppose. Ultimately they've bought what has turned out to be a bit of a dud - and we're offering them a full refund. In any other industry you'd jump at the chance.

Just in case Nuno wants to play 4-4-2, I'd buy Afobe AND Aboubakar. Just to make sure!

Here's a question - Does a Neves/Saiss pairing enable us to play 4-4-2 with any confidence now?

I'd never have Saiss in that formation.

Neves and Ronan maybe.

Back