• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

If we don't start getting 30k every home game now, when will we ever.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I think we still lack a decent box to box midfielder, Neves is going to sit and dictate mostly. I am assuming Prince will get another chance and maybe Ronan can do it but I don't want Edwards anywhere near the starting 11.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I think we still lack a decent box to box midfielder, Neves is going to sit and dictate mostly. I am assuming Prince will get another chance and maybe Ronan can do it but I don't want Edwards anywhere near the starting 11.

It all depends on what formation we are looking to play but a central midfielder that can carry the ball forward would be more than welcome. I think Ronan could do it but it's asking a lot of him in his first full season. We need a striker more than anything else now though if we sign Ruddy.

Tom Lawrence got 11 goals for Ipswich last year as an attacking midfielder. He'd do.

Lawrence isn't a CM. He plays wide left or as a #10.

It all depends on what formation we are looking to play but a central midfielder that can carry the ball forward would be more than welcome. I think Ronan could do it but it's asking a lot of him in his first full season. We need a striker more than anything else now though if we sign Ruddy.
Yes agreed striker a priority now, would be more than happy with Afobe or a Chris Martin type (shame we can't get him)

I think we might go with a Barca style 3 in the middle

Saiss
Neves---Ronan/Prince​

With a narrower Barca style 3 up front

Costa ---CF--- Cav/Graham​

Clearly after another left back anyway!

A striker is about the only position we haven't had a solid link with, interesting to see who we get

What a morning - couldn't believe what I was seeing first thing when I got up so thought I must still be asleep & dreaming.

Only realised I wasn't when I cut my finger making a bacon roll for breakfast!!

2 or 3 more & we have a real chance - sour grapes elsewhere is laughable. They would all be doing the same if they had a chance to

I know the issue with the player markets, but this can't happen too? Surely not? Or can it?

45334d2c75462054dbd1e37abf785d3f.png

It's people taking 2 and 2 and making 5 - there haven't been any rumours on this that have come from reputable sources, it's all Twitter and forum conjecture getting out of hand.

The only striker rumour I buy is that we enquired about Afobe but balked at the price.

I know, but I would have said Neves was 2+2=5 like Talisca a fortnight ago. Now I just don't know what to believe.

Think that almost anything is possible this time around - Fosun have the bit between their teeth & are going for glory with enough time this time to make it happen

All down to Nuno and the 'new' team to make it happen

Fair, but on the other hand, the Neves deal was the result of unique circumstances, invluding Porto being desperate to sell. Aboubakar would comman an even higher fee and we'd face even more competition for his signature. Not impossible, but right now I think we're not even at the Talisca level of rumour here, let alone the multiple reliable sources reporting the Neves deal two weeks ago.

I think we might go with a Barca style 3 in the middle

Saiss
Neves---Ronan/Prince​

With a narrower Barca style 3 up front

Costa ---CF--- Cav/Graham​

People seem to keep forgetting about Zyro. I know he's coming back from a really bad injury following that horrendous tackle but he had shown he can finish and can play wide left or centrally so here's hoping he's come back fit and raring to go

He is going to be on the bench and a really great bench choice. I am sure we are going to get the striker upgrades too. No point in building the foundations and walls and forgetting to put the roof on.

Back