• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Congrats on the signing! May he help you on the promotion goal!

I hope he does, because then we can move to part B of the plan, which now clearly looks like a MONSTER spend when in the top flight.

Nice kit and Paddy you're right Fosun are gonna chuck a good fortune at the Prem if we go up

And if Carlsberg did Saturdays

ba7f30418072149b64a12f0270ffb871.png

Oh that would be fucking perfect. The cherry on top of the cream on top of a fucking massive cake

Doherty having a £2.5m price tag is the real life equivalent of changing the player data in Championship Manager. (Or - as I used to do - take charge of a club I hate and ruin them by signing dross for big money. I also used to have a 'Cunts Corner' and bought players I hated, made them train intensively for 7 days a week and fine them weekly for no reason. Jon McGinlay soon asked for a transfer. Refused, naturally. He was on a 7 year deal in Cunts Corner after all...)

I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as others make him out to be but £2.5m?! :icon_lol:

4.5 million for those 2, a bargain I tell ya!! Really would be the icing on the cake if that happens. Now a striker please Fosun, I hear that Kane lads quite good.

Don't think I've ever had to put my phone back on charge before 10am before.

Doherty having a £2.5m price tag is the real life equivalent of changing the player data in Championship Manager. (Or - as I used to do - take charge of a club I hate and ruin them by signing dross for big money. I also used to have a '$#@!s Corner' and bought players I hated, made them train intensively for 7 days a week and fine them weekly for no reason. Jon McGinlay soon asked for a transfer. Refused, naturally. He was on a 7 year deal in $#@!s Corner after all...)

I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as others make him out to be but £2.5m?! :icon_lol:

Such a bitter man.... (you're not wrong though)

I think we are a striker away from being nailed on for the play-offs.

So just a striker to find then assuming Ruddy is sorted and it's still only the 8th July!

So, taking it as Ruddy having already signed, but it not being announced yet...

- I wouldn't be surprised if we went for another keeper as backup, a better Lonergan
- If Doherty's going, we still need another backup left-back (and ofc we do need a backup left-back anyway because we shouldn't be relying on Matt Doherty there)
- Might we go for another CM? We've got plenty of bodies there, but beyond the obvious pairing of Saiss and Neves there's no quality; a serious injury to Neves and we're back to the same problem as before; if Price and Evans leave as rumoured, I'm not comfortable going into the season with Coady-Ronan as our backup to Saiss-Neves.
- We definitely, definitely need a striker (and the Aboubakar rumour has got completely out of hand today, now Neves has been confirmed everyone's running with every tenuous rumour as fact)

So yeah, probably still between two to four, and more likely four than two, new players yet to arrive.

POTS Doherty don't forget! I don't care if they pay us a pack of scratchings and a hot pork bap

Back