• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Gap filling. And sensible gap filling from a bloke you would imagine wouldn't let you down. I would expect the Ikeme upgrade to follow at a respectful time. Making Ruddy the Lonergan upgrade.
Very much doubt Ruddy has come here to sit on the bench. There will be another keeper but not to usurp him.

Sad little man.

Back to the subject: Boly is still not part of Porto training group. Unlike Rúben Neves there is no reason for him to be absent apart from a near transfer.

They may have been holding off on Ruddy hoping that they could get their hands on a better keeper (Sa maybe?) but with CI ill and the reported interest from Sunderland decided to add him to the squad before the Austria trip.

Ruddy was immense for Norwich a couple seasons back. I'm delighted with that, even if I'm not delighted with the circumstances.

Ruddy was immense for Norwich a couple seasons back. I'm delighted with that, even if I'm not delighted with the circumstances.
It's a lot longer than a couple of seasons.

They will have to tell their stock exchange WHEN it is completed. Not before. It would be REALLY easy to send an embargoed stock exchange announcement that releases as soon as we tick that last box. I used to send embargoed announcements all the time in my previous career. Results announcements are sent by email with encrypted codes and all loaded up ready to go when you then send the final bit of the code just as the FTSE wakes up. Standard.

First of all thank you for your intervention.

About the stock exchange: each time a club is close to seal a big sell, the stock value tends to rise. In Portugal there are tons of speculation everyday (as you know by now) and this was creating a lot of speculation on the football clubs stocks value. So the authority that regulates that market (CMVM) started to punish clubs when a potencial transfer is getting too much talk. Sporting for example had their stocks suspended last year for some time because of a similar situation.

To avoid that, clubs have to send press releases denying or confirming negotiations.

I hope this clarifies that matter a bit.

I know how the stock exchange works. I was a corporate lawyer for a decade.

I'd say you're going back five years. It's a long time. SEB still looked good in 2012/13.

I understand. I am explaining that there are ways that you deal with this. Embargoed statements and the like. It wouldn't be that cut and dried.

What about if Porto were in transfer business with say Manchester United who are listed over here and also in the USA? You have to embargo the statements so that both sides hit their individual obligations.

They're not listed here now but they are in the US I believe (hence loads of their announcements are at 2pm)

Has Neves completed his medical yet? Normally there'd be whisperings of him being over here doing it.

He's definitely already agreed to join us as Santo said so in his interview, so the medical was the only thing to sort out.

Yeah, agree with Dan here..he was very good some years ago but really looks a shadow of himself..dont think he wanna play second fiddle but I really hope we sign a top keeper

Back