• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Has Neves completed his medical yet? Normally there'd be whisperings of him being over here doing it.

He's definitely already agreed to join us as Santo said so in his interview, so the medical was the only thing to sort out.
It's when he's been seen in Asda we know it's definite and can inform the Portuguese stock exchange

I don't think we have to worry. There's been a comment from the club unlike with the Talisca stuff last year and GFFH is one of the few 'ITK' that I ever trust!

I think Ruddy is a solid signing. Unfortunate timing with the horrible news about Carl but I think we were always interested in him. Ruddy and Ruddy as our first choice keepers, and we should also sign Rudd I think (where is he now, Preston?). It'd be like a new version of Ed, Edd and Eddy...

Neves was here on Monday. Haven't heard anything since

I dont know how things work around here but in Benfica forum when I insult someone else its an instant ban. This is uncalled for and quite sad actually. Maybe some racial motivation here?

And you can always browse some portuguese newspapers and blogs who have rised this matter. I would be happy to help you with translation.

Hi ya SLB, any links to the portugese newspapers that are doubting the transfer?

And yeah Ruddy, he wont have come here to sit on the bench.

Happy with the Ruddy signing. He's experienced, and if we can get some kind of form out of him, he's more than decent.

Anyone know what his communication and command of the box is like? I feel these will be the most important attributes for our keeper this season especially at the start with a new look defence

GFFH has said they've both signed and I believe that more than anything else I've read this week so yay!

He does claim crosses, not in a Matt Murray way but he's not glued to his line either. A worry is he's looked too fat to get off the ground lately. Maybe he just got too comfortable at Norwich.

I've no doubts that they've signed - the club have dealt with the media announcements in absolutely the correct way after yesterday's news. Very respectful and supportive to Ikeme whilst also acknowledging that supporters will be keen to hear about transfer developments.

Hope Ruddy can make himself understood to his new back line.

If what has happened here makes him think that he can get back to being our No 1 keeper then it might liven him up - will depend if thats what he wants & to prove that he still has it.

Only he knows - would still expect us to bring in another to challenge as don't think that anything else we have is ready

He does claim crosses, not in a Matt Murray way but he's not glued to his line either. A worry is he's looked too fat to get off the ground lately. Maybe he just got too comfortable at Norwich.

A lot players looked fat towards the end of Alex Neil's tenure. Hopefully our new coaches will get the Ronaldo look out of him.

This was the explanation as to why he was released...

John Ruddy is being tipped for a Premier League move, by his former Norwich City boss Alex Neil.

The pair are looking for new clubs this summer after Ruddy was released by the Canaries last week.

Neil is also desperate to get back into work, following his Carrow Road dismissal in March, and the Scot is in no doubt Ruddy will be a valued commodity when he officially becomes a free agent.

New sporting director Stuart Webber revealed earlier this week City’s need to lower the wage bill was behind the exit of the former England number one, and Neil backs that policy.

“I think John will be in demand,” he said. “It won’t surprise me if John ends up in the Premier League somewhere. It is rare you get someone like John who is going to be a free transfer and I would be pretty confident he will be able to get himself sorted.

“In my opinion, Norwich will try to find a happy medium, in terms of the wage bill. You can see that already in letting the seven players go they have reduced the wage bill and I think they will try to supplement the squad on lesser wages. Next year will be a big one for Norwich, in terms of getting into the Premier League. They are capable, but if they can get up then they need to consolidate, something I didn’t manage to do in my time and that is a regret to me. If not, you end up like a yo-yo club where you can’t get the players you need to compete to get up to that standard required.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwic...n-ruddy-to-land-premier-league-move-1-5011859

Hi ya SLB, any links to the portugese newspapers that are doubting the transfer?

And yeah Ruddy, he wont have come here to sit on the bench.

A newspaper called "Correio da Manhã" who insisted with the link with Mónaco has made some articles about it. TV show "Mais transferências" has done the same. Many bloggers and forums (Porto's too) have rised doubts.

Apart from those there are the ones that believe the deal is going to happen but point suspicious aspects of it. Basically they claim being the value so low, how doesnt another club makes an offer? Others say Boly transfer will be a loan with mandatory buy clause. And that wolves will overpay at that time, to compensate Ruben transfer. But its more of the same... I posted months ago how things work on the Brotherwood thread.

The rumoured fee will be €12m for Boly. I guess for that to happen we would need to get promoted and if that happens, due to the money you get for showing your face in the Prem, it would be a drop in the ocean. Teams have paid more than that for absolute shit.

Announcement imminent.

To Twitter!!

Ruben Neves signs and in a really nice away kit. I'm buzzing for this season.

Boom! Excellent looking kit and one hell of a signing too.

Excellent unveiling, Wolves!

Nice touch by Wolves getting the new guy to launch a superb looking away kit! This is such a different club to 12 months ago

Back