• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Regardless of him playing the race card, which is bang out of order, he continues to post anti-mendes and anti-wolves stuff post after post.

His wittering amount to - you're not good enough and you can have our cast off's. All without any substance at all.

Jan Hagen posted on his twitter feed the Porto transfers and Neves to Wolves was on there.

One anti-wolves thing i said please?

I have no problem with him up until he called the Internet police and played the race card on here. Pretty pathetic on his part and I get a bollocking. Im ugly enough to take it mind.

So i should just be quiet as he calls me a troll and you a cock?

One anti-wolves thing i said please?
Not anti Wolves, but continuing to post your twisted supposition as fact when repeatedly told it won't happen in England and particularly in the Championship is reminiscent of a poster who does very similar on another thread.

[Moderator hat] Enough [/Moderator Hat]

I have made my comments clear. I am not bothered about he said this first and all that nonsense. Please just treat each other civilly. There is an interesting debate to be had here, which will become more informed as our transfer business becomes clear, but you are all old enough to do it nicely.

SLB - please don't bring the race idea up. Really not a good idea. If you feel you are being targetted because of your nationality rather than your posting, use the report button. Or alternatively send me a PM. Both methods will mean that the Mods are aware if you feel aggrieved. However, I should also point out that you are saying things that posters probably don't want to hear or believe, and there isn't a vast amount of empirical proof for what you are saying yet so you are likely to be challenged. That is fine. As long as it is done in a way that meets the rules and expectations of forum behaviour.

Mayhap the racial bit is a miscommunication of the term "troll"?

Regardless, I think SLB is mostly incorrect here but I can't disagree with Paddy that he's been giving his (admittedly conspiratorial) opinions in a respectful manner.

[Moderator hat] Enough [/Moderator Hat]

I have made my comments clear. I am not bothered about he said this first and all that nonsense. Please just treat each other civilly. There is an interesting debate to be had here, which will become more informed as our transfer business becomes clear, but you are all old enough to do it nicely.

SLB - please don't bring the race idea up. Really not a good idea. If you feel you are being targetted because of your nationality rather than your posting, use the report button. Or alternatively send me a PM. Both methods will mean that the Mods are aware if you feel aggrieved. However, I should also point out that you are saying things that posters probably don't want to hear or believe, and there isn't a vast amount of empirical proof for what you are saying yet so you are likely to be challenged. That is fine. As long as it is done in a way that meets the rules and expectations of forum behaviour.

Have absolutely no idea what ethnic group SLB falls into - clearly has issues with Mendes, and may be correct, but we have yet to see a significant downside at Wolves so will treat the comments with some suspicion at this stage until proved otherwise.

There have been failures (as there are whoever recommends/buys players) but a single Costa will buy you a fair bit of credit. Suspect that Fosun are pretty hard nosed and will not get sucked into just taking anything because it comes from a favoured source.

To be fair, slb may not recognise the term troll, and think it's a racist statement.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement

Just in case that helps.

It's ok to disagree provided you're not a dick about it.

I don't think SLB has been a dick in any way

Not a long term signing but I'd be happy enough with Ruddy.

I'm sure we'll get plenty of announcements over the weekend.

SLB makes a good point about the stock exchange. I've got less reason to doubt that than I do with Tim Nash's dodgy info. I still think he'll sign for Wolves though, if it hasn't already happened. NES wouldn't have commented on it if he wasn't sure he was going to sign.

Not a long term signing but I'd be happy enough with Ruddy.

I'm sure we'll get plenty of announcements over the weekend.

As you say - not a long term answer, but not the worst signing we could make & may only be as a backup if another comes in before the deadline

Whatever, we seemed to have signed defenders who will (hopefully) prove to be an upgrade on last season so that any keeper is less exposed anyway

SLB makes a good point about the stock exchange. I've got less reason to doubt that than I do with Tim Nash's dodgy info. I still think he'll sign for Wolves though, if it hasn't already happened. NES wouldn't have commented on it if he wasn't sure he was going to sign.

They will have to tell their stock exchange WHEN it is completed. Not before. It would be REALLY easy to send an embargoed stock exchange announcement that releases as soon as we tick that last box. I used to send embargoed announcements all the time in my previous career. Results announcements are sent by email with encrypted codes and all loaded up ready to go when you then send the final bit of the code just as the FTSE wakes up. Standard.

If we get him from about 2012 then great. Latterly he's looked heavy and slow.

He's not one I'd have gone for, although we are kind of desperate all of a sudden.

I'm OK with Ruddy, I'm hopeful the change of scenery will do him good, he's still young in keeper terms. Another 'Lambert' signing, that's possibly 4 now.

Gap filling. And sensible gap filling from a bloke you would imagine wouldn't let you down. I would expect the Ikeme upgrade to follow at a respectful time. Making Ruddy the Lonergan upgrade.

Hugely sensible considering the situation with Carl.

It's happened so quickly after Carl's diagnosis that it makes me think that we've been after him for a while. Yesterday's awful news may have sped things up a bit. I think we'll now get either a young keeper on loan from a Prem team or a Mendes journeyman to plop on the bench.

Relatively happy with Ruddy. Solid but unspectacular.

Back