• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Could we see a 'false 9' formation? The sort Spain used to play.

Hause/Boly/Miranda back three.
Douglas/Iorfa (or Phil) wing backs.
Saiss/Neves holding and passing the ball out from the deeper positions.
Three attacking mids/forwards - Graham/Cav/Costa, all interchanging.

Nowhere near enough goals if we did that. We'd have to Karanka our way through the season.

I really, really doubt it.

I think Nuno plans for us to be quite flexible, and in possession quite fluid. So someone like Saiss who is capable of dropping in to receive the ball (not like we did vs Rotherham) will help us when another team plays two strikers. When we play against a team playing one up front we will just look to build up from the two centre backs possibly.

The way he talks is really selling it to me. I've been wanting for so long for a Wolves team to play like how I think Nuno wants to...

I still think (hope) he'll go four at the back and we'll see Batth and Doherty shown the door.

Marshall would be absolutely perfect for the right side of a midfield four in a 3-4-3, too. We are absolutely stacked out wide, even if we don't bring in another pure left-back, whether Heise or A N Other.

I'm not sure I would like Marshall with that amount of space in the channels behind him. Good footballer but he'd be very exposed out there like that as he isn't the quickest.

I do keep genuinely forgetting we have him, he could be a good player for us this season too.

Yeah, it's amazing how easy it is to forget him considering how valuable his skills could be this season - the thought of so many technically-comfortable players pinging the ball around the pitch is really tantalising.

I thought I'd read the Nuno favours the team being comfortable with several formations, which they play depending on the opponents and match situation. Personally can't see CC and DB having any trouble at all adapting to a fluid formation with slick interpassing,,,

We can change it up week to week and the opposition won't know what's hit them?

Dean? Is that you? ;)

What formation(s) did he play at Porto, out of interest?

4-4-2 with Soares and Silva up front.

Its trendy in Portugal now, everyone uses it.

Or 4-3-3 with Brahimi and Corona on the wings.

I will miss him..

Now it may be true but the line "reputable source Dave Jenkins." ruins it a bit

He is Agent Dave off Twitter....man of a million bullshit rumours

Wolves announcement in the next few hours, so I'm told

giphy.gif

Prediction: Boly today, Neves by the end of the weekend, before the squad travel to Austria.

Just putting the letters on the shirt for the photo - H-U-G-I-L-L..

Back