• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Of course you're hard to please. You're a woman! :icon_wink:

Just for posterity again, the team that finished our final friendly vs Swansea last year:

------------------------Ikeme-------------------

Odoffin------Doherty-----Hause------O'Hanlon

Byrne---------Coady-------Edwards------Saville

-----------------------Henry---------------------------

-----------------------Collins----------------------------

giphy.webp

Just for posterity again, the team that finished our final friendly vs Swansea last year:

------------------------Ikeme-------------------

Odoffin------Doherty-----Hause------O'Hanlon

Byrne---------Coady-------Edwards------Saville

-----------------------Henry---------------------------

-----------------------Collins----------------------------

giphy.webp

Football Manager Editor sort of stuff to go from that to now.

Assessment of Boly by Jan Hagen (@Portuball) who only tweets about Portugese football:

"Willy Boly could be a great Championship centre-back. Physically & aerial dominant, quick and decent on the ball. Has some tactically flaws."

"Boly is similar to Mangala in some ways. Both powerful & quick ball-playing centre-backs, but positioning & anticipation are awful at times."

And some more from him on Neves:

"Although Rúben Neves could have moved to a bigger club, I don't think playing at Wolverhampton is as bad to his career as some suggests."

"Neves will play regularly, he knows the manager, staff and he's familiar with Cavaleiro & Costa. If he does well he'll be gone in 1-2 years."

"Neves' passing, long & short range, is impeccable, he reads the game & positions himself well which makes him a great deep-laying playmaker."

"A season or two as in the Championship can really help toughen Neves up. Tactically and technically he's all about all you want in a #6."

He sounds like the kind of midfielder we've always needed but have never had.

When Neves does actually sign please please please can I post it ;-)

No, the threads will be deleted until someone else starts it. Punishment for your bellendery having started at least two of them already.

I think the author is fishing for a Doosch sized fish....

It's hard to know where to start with it. I could pick fault with practically every paragraph.

Back