• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

We're addressing our weak areas with top quality signings. Why are Fosun ruining Wolves FFS?

Dave has a role to come on in the last 15/20 mins when we are under the cosh to run around and disrupt the opposition enough so that they can't launch attacks at us (+ pop up with a couple of last minute goals)

Anything else is beyond him - have no problem keeping him in the squad with this much turnover

Good bit on Midlands Today at Compton with Nuno - worth looking out on iplayer for those out of the region. He talks a lot of sense and talks very well, very unlike some of our prevoious managers... He's keen on using a football in training!!!

Neves really is a ludicrous signing. Unbelievable. Players of that calibre shouldn't have any business playing in the Championship.

I think I know his chant already: "Roooooben, Roooooben..." Rather more likely than any of the above.

Would be delighted with Boly too - a proper upheavel in defence this summer!!

Pat Murphy expecting Boly to be confirmed tomorrow.

Dave has a role to come on in the last 15/20 mins when we are under the cosh to run around and disrupt the opposition enough so that they can't launch attacks at us (+ pop up with a couple of last minute goals)

Anything else is beyond him - have no problem keeping him in the squad with this much turnover

I'd rather Ronan or someone of that ilk came on to actually be able to hurt the opposition.

Bring back the days of Grant Holt and Yannick Sagbo, I say.

Dave has the physical attributes to come on late and help us shut a game down. He'll press when our starting midfielders might start tiring, he'll give everything, he might even grab you a goal (maybe, if he doesn't fall on his arse when he shoots like he does 80% of the time). But he needs to learn a lot tactically. We brought him on against Burton to do that job and he was fucking shit, it was partly his fault we conceded. Just rushed around, flapping his arms, constantly out of position and not doing his defensive work properly. Whether it's beyond him to learn at 31, who knows. I certainly don't see a regular starting role for him in this team. But then that should have been the case a hell of a long time ago, and here we are.

It's hard to argue about their level of ambition at the moment, to be fair. There is going to be a lot of pressure and expectation however, hopefully we get off to a good start and there should be a feel-good factor about Molineux.

Wolves are taking a while to put up the interview with NES. Quite intrigued to read it!

Neves really is a ludicrous signing. Unbelievable. Players of that calibre shouldn't have any business playing in the Championship.

I think I know his chant already: "Roooooben, Roooooben..." Rather more likely than any of the above.

Would be delighted with Boly too - a proper upheavel in defence this summer!!

Its like signing Gascoigne in 1996! I might just put him in my definitive wolves 11 now in case he really is that good!

OG Tim saying we were interested in Afobe but the fee was too high.

Boly I'm not sold on but he can't be worse than what we already have.

Even in the halcyon days just after the takeover last year I don't think I could have dreamt we'd make these kinds of signings BEFORE we got promoted.

He seems to be getting quite a bit right atm

Edit - OG Tim, not Alan obvs :)

Back