• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Doubt that Fosun will be that fussed (though will get what they can without holding up sales) - gets rid of wages as well & fewer dispirited players when they (hopefully) aren't in the matchday squad.

Another few hundred thousands won't make much difference.

I'd assume we'd get more than a million for mason, much as I don't rate him.

He's barely put together a run of games since he left Cardiff (partly through injury, partly through a manager who didn't have a clue what to do with him, partly down to not being anywhere near our best team), we grossly overpaid for him, he isn't a lone striker, he isn't a wide man, he isn't a number ten and as a second striker (for teams that play two up front) he neither creates nor scores enough, nor does he work hard or provide a physical presence.

I'd happily take £1m from some chump.

As I say if someone bids blind on Doherty then you might get someone to pay for him. And managers are stupid enough to do that kind of thing. If they've watched him then they won't.

He's barely put together a run of games since he left Cardiff (partly through injury, partly through a manager who didn't have a clue what to do with him, partly down to not being anywhere near our best team), we grossly overpaid for him, he isn't a lone striker, he isn't a wide man, he isn't a number ten and as a second striker (for teams that play two up front) he neither creates nor scores enough, nor does he work hard or provide a physical presence.

I'd happily take £1m from some chump.

As I say if someone bids blind on Doherty then you might get someone to pay for him. And managers are stupid enough to do that kind of thing. If they've watched him then they won't.

Managers must see something we don't. We all know he's garbage yet how many managers have continued to pick him.

Is Ronan really going to be a center mid? Based on his stature and delivery of the ball he seems to have winger (or at least wide mid) written all over him.
Not at all, he has good feet but it's all about his passing and movement. His set piece delivery is also excellent. Not a winger that's for sure.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Managers must see something we don't. We all know he's garbage yet how many managers have continued to pick him.

To be fair, Ken wasn't that much of a fan. He started 2013/14 in the team but barely played after doing his hamstring against Oldham in October. Then he displaced Ricketts for the start of the following season (which still annoys me), but was binned off for Dom before Christmas and again, barely played. Then in his legendary Player of the Season campaign, he started three games before Christmas and was only at LB by default after we sold Golbourne and didn't sign anyone to replace him.

Mick virtually never picked him, TC never picked him, not sure Solbakken even picked him for one league game, Lambert had given up on him as a LB and was open about it. Which leaves Saunders and Zenga :D

To be fair to Doc you could make a cracking highlights video of him, as long as they miss out his defending we might find someone who wants him.

Also what are we playing at rejecting a bid of 500k for EEL if they don't up the offer we might be stuck with him.

To be fair to Doc you could make a cracking highlights video of him, as long as they miss out his defending we might find someone who wants him.

Also what are we playing at rejecting a bid of 500k for EEL if they don't up the offer we might be stuck with him.

£500K seems a fair deal for EEL - not played for us for some time & won't again (even if he is still here)

£500K seems a fair deal for EEL - not played for us for some time & won't again (even if he is still here)
Agreed fingers crossed another offer comes in, with Boly coming in he wouldn't get near the bench (nor will Batth by the looks of it)

Mick virtually never picked him, TC never picked him, not sure Solbakken even picked him for one league game, Lambert had given up on him as a LB and was open about it. Which leaves Saunders and Zenga :D

If you ask me, those two are a glowing endorsement.. :)

Nuno has confirmed the Neves deal is close.

Was anyone here at the training session then? You bunch of part-timers...

When they announced it, I was pretty sure I'd be either busy or somewhere else altogether so didn't apply for a ticket. Then it turns out I've been free since about 2.30 and sat at home. So instead I've been throwing shade on Matt Doherty and Joe Mason, just for a novelty.

Looking on twitter it's a gif-fest love them. Get the party hats out boys!!

I live a little distance away from Wolverhampton so I didn't bother... Sorry Sam. :icon_lol:

Apparently it wasn't hard to convince him to come to Wolves, Nuno got some influence there brilliant stuff.

Lambert would have had a similar influence with Jordan Hugill

And Andreas Weimann.

I'm off to hyperventilate into a paper bag. BRB...

Apparently it wasn't hard to convince him to come to Wolves
Ha, I doubt it was

Beetner_Bag-of-Cash.jpg

Back