• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Bogdan...

:icon_lol:

He'd be a very, very, very slight upgrade on Lonners. I don't think we need to wait to know if he's available or not either.

Not a chance of getting in our team as a winger - a Beckham-esque right mid perhaps, but even then he plays much more like a CM. He's only young and has time to fill out a bit.

:icon_lol:

He'd be a very, very, very slight upgrade on Lonners. I don't think we need to wait to know if he's available or not either.

His hair would clash gloriously with our kits though. Might put off a few strikers.

His hair would clash gloriously with our kits though. Might put off a few strikers.
Reminds me of the South Bank chant.
You shouldn't wear pink
You shouldn't wear pink
If you're a ginger, you shouldn't wear pink
7395318a2d997bdf7fcd2b7c9d6a0999.jpg

Is Ronan really going to be a center mid? Based on his stature and delivery of the ball he seems to have winger (or at least wide mid) written all over him.

Based on the type of players Wolves are signing the width is likely to come from the fullbacks with a midfield three having the ability to both retain the ball and rotate positionally when required. Ronan should blossom under such conditions.

Not a chance of getting in our team as a winger - a Beckham-esque right mid perhaps, but even then he plays much more like a CM. He's only young and has time to fill out a bit.

He's tough anyway. Small but he doesn't let anyone boss him around.

And guess what, Britney doesn't understand FFP either.
Being schooled on it including Machin and Penk, my favourite comment though is this:

"Scaremongering the gullible. We have assets to sell if we don't go up which will make the money back easily"

To be fair to Tim Nash I much prefer him to the new Tim. He's also a lovely bloke - I met him once when I went down to the Express & Star for a wrist slapping.

Spiers is better than Nash imho, but it's a bit like Lycan in his 20's having to pick 6 good Wolves central midfielders...

Doubt that price of those going out is giving Jeff sleepless nights.

Not that we will give them away for nothing (though in one or two cases that might be sensible) just that an extra £300/400K is pocket money in the grand scheme

Those three would probably get £5m in today's market even if they're not rated on here.

£6m seems very steep to me. £2.5m at best for Batth, £1m for Mason if you were being incredibly generous, anyone who has actually watched Doherty rather than thinking "He has quite a good goal/assist record for a full back, let's put a bid in" would not pay for him.

Doherty would easily get £2m just based on the fact he's an attacking full-back who can play on either side with plenty of experience at a big club. It doesn't matter if he's any good!

The other two would fetch £1m-1.5m each easily.

Back