• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Tell you what if these are the calibre of players we are signing with Mendes "running the club" then I'm all for it, Britney would have been far happier with Hugill and Co by the sounds of it.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It's the very notion that a company as huge and successful in the finance/investment/acquisition sector as Fosun would be tripped up by some hurridly cobbled together and flimsy financial rules that even the likes of QPR can get away with flaunting that amuses me.

Guo Guangchang: "Fucking hell Jeff, what's this FFP that Spiers is tweeting about. Didn't see that one coming.... Now our best laid plans are shattered :'( "
Jeff Shi: "Sorry boss, won't happen again."

Baffling to me that we'd get rid of Evans ahead of Coady.

Problem with Evans is that he's only ever really shown that he can play as a deep lying midfielder so far, at this level at least. Neves will be ahead of him and if Saiss is staying, you would think he would be as well. If we're going with a pair of deep midfielders...then Dave is ahead of him in the queue as well.

Coady doesn't really play that role, if he ever does anything in midfield (and it isn't very often) then it's pressing high and driving forward with the ball, even if that spell of possession goes nowhere when he tries to pass or shoot. So they're not competing for the same role realistically and he does offer decent cover at RB. Limited, but he didn't let us down often last season.

You are confusing yourself by thinking that Tim has inside information as to who Nuno rates and doesn't and who he wants to get rid of.

He hasn't got a clue.

"It’s thought that if £15m is spent on 20-year-old Portuguese international Neves the budget for the rest of the summer will rely heavily on player sales."

He doesn't know this he's just guessing. Of course players who are surplus will leave but the financial power of Fosun means that they aren't going to be concerned about paying fees to sign players regardless of what is received by getting rid of others.

Spiers reporting a 'list' of players likely to leave Wolves

Four 'at risk' - Batth, Doherty, Evans and Mason
Two 'told they can leave' - Price and Lonergan
One 'expected to leave' to Sheff. United - EEL

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...wolves-hopeful-of-boly-and-ruben-neves-deals/ published 3 hours ago.
giphy.gif

Problem with Evans is that he's only ever really shown that he can play as a deep lying midfielder so far, at this level at least. Neves will be ahead of him and if Saiss is staying, you would think he would be as well. If we're going with a pair of deep midfielders...then Dave is ahead of him in the queue as well.

Coady doesn't really play that role, if he ever does anything in midfield (and it isn't very often) then it's pressing high and driving forward with the ball, even if that spell of possession goes nowhere when he tries to pass or shoot. So they're not competing for the same role realistically and he does offer decent cover at RB. Limited, but he didn't let us down often last season.

I have a feeling we're in for a Saiss-Neves-Edwards midfield three as first choice, and Evans, to me, is the most natural cover for both the Saiss and Neves roles. Coady doesn't really fit any of those three positions well by comparison, in my view, and he's getting in the way of Ronan and Gibbs-White coming through as well.

Oniangue might well have a role to play this season, we don't know, but if we're playing a 4-3-3 then it seems shortsighted of the club to get rid of a player already here who has the attributes to play in that formation, in favour of one who's been playing better out of position as a right-back for the last season than in his natural role.

I have a feeling we're in for a Saiss-Neves-Edwards midfield three as first choice, and Evans, to me, is the most natural cover for both the Saiss and Neves roles. Coady doesn't really fit any of those three positions well by comparison, in my view, and he's getting in the way of Ronan and Gibbs-White coming through as well.

Oniangue might well have a role to play this season, we don't know, but if we're playing a 4-3-3 then it seems shortsighted of the club to get rid of a player already here who has the attributes to play in that formation, in favour of one who's been playing better out of position as a right-back for the last season than in his natural role.

I would say we may also be seeing more from Morgan Gibbs-White, Conor Ronan and Christian Herc in the midfield shake-up

I think Ronan will feature heavily through the season - making allowances for his age etc. He's top class.

Agree on Ronan he has shown glimpses of a player that should be a nailed on starter, up to him to be consistent. I see no reason why he can't play no 10 in front of Saiss and Neves or alongside Neves with Cav in no 10. All depends on the formation but gash like Edwards (lovely as he is) need to be disposed of.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Nuno ay got the stones to drop Dave.

The original Tim is on the scent of this deal now

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 8m8 minutes ago
Also hearing Ruben Neves is flying in tomorrow to sign for @Wolves after £10m-plus fee agreed. S'posed to have been here Sun/Mon.

The Nashbot is busy making some other shit up. Reckons we want a keeper off Liverpool "when the PL squads are announced".

1) The PL squads are announced after the transfer window closes. So I don't think that's too likely

2) Klopp has already said Danny Ward is staying, Wagner wanted him back for another year, he said no and they've had to sign someone else. It can't be anyone else. So clearly bollocks.

The original Tim is on the scent of this deal now

Tim Nash‏ @TimNash_1 8m8 minutes ago
Also hearing Ruben Neves is flying in tomorrow to sign for @Wolves after £10m-plus fee agreed. S'posed to have been here Sun/Mon.

OG Timbo.

The Nashbot is busy making some other shit up. Reckons we want a keeper off Liverpool "when the PL squads are announced".

1) The PL squads are announced after the transfer window closes. So I don't think that's too likely

2) Klopp has already said Danny Ward is staying, Wagner wanted him back for another year, he said no and they've had to sign someone else. It can't be anyone else. So clearly bollocks.

Bogdan...

Is Ronan really going to be a center mid? Based on his stature and delivery of the ball he seems to have winger (or at least wide mid) written all over him.

Is Ronan really going to be a center mid? Based on his stature and delivery of the ball he seems to have winger (or at least wide mid) written all over him.

Definitely a centre mid. Maybe not straight away but that'll be where he ends up eventually.

If Prince stays he is the perfect compliment to Neves and Saïss in a 3-man.

Back