• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

So we buy him this year for £17m on a 5 year contract.

As far as FFP goes that is estimated at between £4-5m per year including wages, we then sell him to Monaco in 12 months for £30m, we're in the black as far as FFP goes for all of our spending this season.

Sounds good to me.

A mighty brilliant bit of awesome super (As the yanks would say) crock of backdoor brownies...

Maybe i wasnt clear. By next season i (and him) mean the 17/18 season.

There is also some talk about the loan depending on Fabinho and Bakayoko leaving Mónaco.

So we buy him this year for £17m on a 5 year contract.

As far as FFP goes that is estimated at between £4-5m per year including wages, we then sell him to Monaco in 12 months for £30m, we're in the black as far as FFP goes for all of our spending this season.

Sounds good to me.

Or we are promoted and our spending this season is largely irrelevant and he may wish to stay.

Maybe i wasnt clear. By next season i (and him) mean the 17/18 season.

There is also some talk about the loan depending on Fabinho and Bakayoko leaving Mónaco.

It sounds like a plausible setup, but I don't know if I buy it - the rumours and reports around this deal all have it down as a straightforward transfer, and for a large sum around £15m. Even Nuno has called it a transfer, not a loan, in the only on the record comment on the matter. It would be strange for something else to come out of the woodwork so suddenly.

I don't think we'd hear of such wheeling and dealing though until it happened if it were true. Same with Costa, is he, isn't he.

Ruben Neves will be a Wolves player, owned by Wolves, playing for Wolves next season.

It makes absolutely zero sense to suggest otherwise and I don't buy all this loan/agreement to let him go somewhere else talk. He'll probably have a similar clause in his contract to Helder, which is if we're still mid-table dross in 12 months time he can move on - but that'll be about it.

Sounds most unlikely to me. It's possible there's a gentleman's agreement to sell to Monaco if we don't go up this year but I don't believe these various alternative tales.
Neves will complete his medical and sign for us for 4 or 5 years maybe today, maybe early next week.

You really despise Mendes, don't you?
Wouldn't you if you were winning the league title every season? I much prefer languishing in this fantastic division for the rest of my lifetime.
Boooo! Mendes out!

A signing today would really be welcome after yesterday's horrible news.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've both signed but the news was put on hold out of respect for Carl.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've both signed but the news was put on hold out of respect for Carl.

Yeah, I think this is probably the case. Maybe Neves still needs to cross the t's and dot the i's but it wouldn't have been right to announce either after yesterday's news. It's certainly taken some of the euphoria away from it.

In all fairness we haven't a clue how things will be in 5 years. You might not quite be as fond of Mendes at that point.

Yeah, I think this is probably the case. Maybe Neves still needs to cross the t's and dot the i's but it wouldn't have been right to announce either after yesterday's news. It's certainly taken some of the euphoria away from it.

More than likely, yes. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see both of them announced within the next couple-few hours (I don't know anything, by the way!)

Hating Mendes is fine, making bollocks up about us buying players and loaning them straight out again isn't.

I'm surprised we haven't tried for Frazier Campbell on a free. Not the best injury record in the world but good enough for our level and still the right side of 30. Can play the lone striker role too.

I'm not sure on the status of Danny Ings but I'd be looking at him too if he's back in pre-season.

Tim Nash has just tweeted that the signing of Ruben Neves has been completed for £16-17m

Back