• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

I'm surprised we haven't tried for Frazier Campbell on a free. Not the best injury record in the world but good enough for our level and still the right side of 30. Can play the lone striker role too.

I'm not sure on the status of Danny Ings but I'd be looking at him too if he's back in pre-season.

Much depends on how Nuno uses Costa and Cav, will he be looking to use them as part of a front three or will they be used on a different line alongside a 10.

He may be looking at the striker and 10 as a pair, maybe not.

Much depends on how Nuno uses Costa and Cav, will he be looking to use them as part of a front three or will they be used on a different line alongside a 10.

He may be looking at the striker and 10 as a pair, maybe not.

Still need a central striker if going with a front 3 or in a line behind. Campbell suits both roles pretty well as would Ings as both have done that in their careers. I think a mobile off the shoulder forward is the way to go with the players we are building into the side. and with both Cav and Costa playing as inverted wingers (I apologise right now for using that phrase) I don't think we'll see many deep aerial crosses from open play.

We were talking goalkeepers before yesterday's sad news. Do we think we now need two new keepers or will one of the current crop be a decent enough backup? Ikeme as a backup would've been perfect in an ideal world.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Wolves‏Verified account @Wolves 3m3 minutes ago

Under the circumstances we hope fans understand that there will no significant club announcements made today.

We were talking goalkeepers before yesterday's sad news. Do we think we now need two new keepers or will one of the current crop be a decent enough backup? Ikeme as a backup would've been perfect in an ideal world.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

2 as Lonergan is off and Burgoyne isn't ready. One of them will probably a young keeper on loan from a prem team.

Any chance of Emi heading back our way?

Ruddy is extremely highly rated, but it would probably be better for him to have a full season of U23 football (as he didn't play that much last season) rather than sitting on the first team bench every week.

We need a serious first choice and then you'd probably go for what Lonners *should* have been in theory - an experienced back up, pretty cheap, not going to moan about being on the bench, who you're happy to have play a few games if you need him to and isn't so pony that the established number one gets complacent because there's no serious competition. That theory of course never realistically applied to Lonners because he's always been rancid (although even I didn't think he'd be this bad). I wouldn't mind having Kuszczak back in that role, although I doubt he just wants to swap Blues' bench for ours.

Burgoyne isn't ready, I have serious doubts if he ever will be.

Emi seems happy to be third choice at Arsenal forever.

There are other big clubs looking for a keeper at the minute which makes life difficult for us. Sunderland, Boro and Villa for a start.

As for strikers, how about Ulloa? Scored in this division before and would want away with Iheanacho joining them. Would be good as a lone striker.

Cost Leicester £8m so I reckon they'd take around the same for him as they need to get rid of at least one striker.

I can't stand Ulloa but that's probably just me :icon_lol: Horrific technically.

Tim Mk1 thinks Neves transfer is completed.

There has been links with Portuguese keeper Jose Sa

Under the circumstances we hope fans understand that there will no significant club announcements made today.

Spot on call by the club.

Completely understandable.

Absolutely the right thing to do. Well done Wolves.

Back