• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

Oh yeah, I'd probably say goodbye too. His game hasn't really moved on since 2014 and we only need one of him or Evans.

Wouldn't bother with Saville's extension personally. I don't actively dislike him but he isn't ever going to be a mainstay of a decent team at this level.

if Baath, Doherty, Price, Saville, Edwards, Dicko, EEL, JDB, Mason and Evans are regular starters next season, we have no chance of promotion and something has gone badly wrong

IKEME

IORFA
NEW
HAUSE
NEW

NEW
SAISS

COSTA
CAV
MARSHALL

NEW

SUBS from : New KEEPER, Doherty, Baath, Edwards, Ronan, Graham, Zyro, New striker

if Baath, Doherty, Price, Saville, Edwards, Dicko, EEL, JDB, Mason and Evans are regular starters next season, we have no chance of promotion and something has gone badly wrong

IKEME

IORFA
NEW
HAUSE
NEW

NEW
SAISS

COSTA
CAV
MARSHALL

NEW

SUBS from : New KEEPER, Doherty, Baath, Edwards, Ronan, Graham, Zyro, New striker

If we're signing a new keeper then I want him to be better than Ikeme and straight into the starting XI

If we're signing a new keeper then I want him to be better than Ikeme and straight into the starting XI

Indeed. Ikeme and Lonergan aren't anywhere near good enough and Burgoyne is nowhere near ready.

Unless they have a gem of a keeper on the radar I'd be tempted to want us to look at Lee Grant, not a luxurious signing but is better than Ikeme and realistic and likely to be out of favour now Butland is nearing fitness/recovery.

Whilst not something I would usually be in favour off I think someone with experience of the physicality of England is important whilst potentially looking to integrate a new defence.

Decent idea but I think Grant will be happy to be number two at Stoke for as long as they decide to keep him. Haugaard isn't ever going to make it there and Given will retire. It's a cushy number, he's spent long spells on the bench before and let's be honest, he's never looked that good in this division (he has done way better this year than I thought he'd do).

I'd much rather have Jordan Archer from Millwall. We can chuck Jed into the deal.

There were rumours knocking about a few months ago that a deal is in place for us to sign John Ruddy in the summer which could have legs as he does have a connection to Lambert

Wouldn't be keen on Ruddy, better than what we have but very much on the way down.

Also we can't have two keepers at the same time both called Ruddy, that's ridiculous.

Wouldn't be keen on Ruddy, better than what we have but very much on the way down.

Also we can't have two keepers at the same time both called Ruddy, that's ridiculous.

I can't believe you didn't say that having two keepers with the same name would be Ruddy ridiculous!!

Ruddy stupid?

I am still a fan of Martinez but PL strikes me as a manager who likes players he knows and trusts like Marshall and Weimann

I wonder if we could tempt Angus gunn from man city on a season long loan

Anyone think that Mooy will play with City next year?

Anyone think that Mooy will play with City next year?

Instead of De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Fernando or Gundogan, or the Russian lad they've signed or the Spanish lad who played in the cup games and without buying anybody new.

Yeah, sure.

Instead of De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Fernando or Gundogan, or the Russian lad they've signed or the Spanish lad who played in the cup games and without buying anybody new.

Yeah, sure.

Yeah exactly. He's 27 in September as well. Wish we could nab him

Unless they have a gem of a keeper on the radar I'd be tempted to want us to look at Lee Grant, not a luxurious signing but is better than Ikeme and realistic and likely to be out of favour now Butland is nearing fitness/recovery.

Whilst not something I would usually be in favour off I think someone with experience of the physicality of England is important whilst potentially looking to integrate a new defence.

Grant is bang average, see our goal against Derby 2 seasons ago which he threw in his net as evidence. There's a reason they got rid of him. He's not better than Ikeme, on a par at best, we remember Ikeme's mistakes because he plays for Wolves the likes of Grant have made a similar amount over the years playing at the same level, it's just Wolves fans don't notice it as much.

I'd still be thinking of a cheeky bid for Joe hart,said he's not going to play for city again,don't ask,won't know,and weem loaded so wages aren't a problem,depends on whether thelwell rates him though

I'd still be thinking of a cheeky bid for Joe hart,said he's not going to play for city again,don't ask,won't know,and weem loaded so wages aren't a problem,depends on whether thelwell rates him though
Torino fans aren't loving him, I hear. Not sure I want him, either. Too many mistakes and is past his best.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Torino fans aren't loving him, I hear. Not sure I want him, either. Too many mistakes and is past his best.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Seriously? He's not coming here so it's a none starter. But unless your signing the absolute top draw keepers every keeper will have a mistake in him.
I guarantee whoever if anyone comes in won't be as good as Joe Hart.

Because the England goalkeeper isn't going to demand a fee and wages that completely fuck us for FFP and is definitely going to be willing to drop from top flight football in the season before a World Cup. Honestly...

Back