• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2017 Window Thread

He likes a crossfield pass then...

He doesn't look as good as Talisca, but that last goal was ridiculous.

The source in Portugal are not the normal rumour mongers, so my normal reaction of laughing at such stories is slightly choked. I can imagine Porto might be desperate for money and that Fosun might see Neves as a good investment (we could potentially double our money on him next year). But what on earth would attract such a player to the Championship?
I can't see it but bloody hell what a well constructed rumour if someone has made this up.

Might just be a way to tempt bigger clubs into making a bid

I doubt it; the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool probably don't see see us as competition (nor should they, really).

I'd expect 10 out of 10 players to pick them and Champion's League football over Championship football.

Maybe but why a mid table Championship club? It would be far more reasonable to link him with say Stoke or Newcastle.

Guaranteed playing time?
wish I hadn't looked at this. Was all set for an early night. Now I'll end up pressing f5 more than any sane person will for no good reason.

The rumour is they need €20m today - perhaps we have said we will pay it no questions and no else has.

Guaranteed playing time?
wish I hadn't looked at this. Was all set for an early night. Now I'll end up pressing f5 more than any sane person will for no good reason.
Nuno hardly played him last season. Maybe he can learn from the bench here "watch and learn from Captain Dave and when he retires in 15 years his place in the team is yours

Or Mendes says "you are going to Wolverhampton"

Surely if Neves has no interest in being here he can't be forced into it? And even if he could be, is that wise for anyone involved?

Getting into our starting line up v getting into porto's starting line ups are 2 different things though.

Nuno hardly played him last season. Maybe he can learn from the bench here "watch and learn from Captain Dave and when he retires in 15 years his place in the team is yours

In fairness he would have been unseating the best defensive midfielder (Danilo Pereira) in Liga NOS to get consistent time there.

We are clearly going for a new record price signing every window if this comes off

January & next summer could be interesting then

You have become acquainted with how Mendes works haven't you?

Hardly, but I've never heard of him forcing a player to go somewhere against their will. Like it or not, we're probably the lowest rung on the Gestifute ladder at the moment.

Back